Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Vf 2 audio upgrade

Bjmcmahon78

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vf2 ss W375
Hi all.
Chasing any info on replacing my link with Android auto friendly device and leads or feedback would be great or car audio places in western Sydney with experience would also be great everyone I've spoken to so far seems to guess cause they have no experience with it
Thanks in advance

MasterC

MasterC~VsCalais
Reaction score
Members Ride
SSV Redline VF2
Lifestyle in paramatta has alpine unit. I902 and x902. Both I hear work great

kleanphil

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS-V SII Sportwagon
Kenwood have a good system and i have the Alpine ilx F309E , which works great and a fair bit cheaper than the above Alpine setups , you will need the Aerpro facia kit for both of these which basicaly runs all the mylink functions . Im in QLD so cant help with suppliers

lsvys

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY S
Hi mate, I own Import Road - we sell plug and play apple carplay kits for the VF! It utilizes the factory screen and radio, no need for any nasty facias!

www.importroad.com.au

Lex

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Executive S1 V6 6 speed Auto Wagon
Hi mate, I own Import Road - we sell plug and play apple carplay kits for the VF! It utilizes the factory screen and radio, no need for any nasty facias!

www.importroad.com.au
FYI
Your link doesn't work.
If you hi-light it, then select go to site, it works.
I had a look at the site.
Very pixelated. Not good graphics.

mpower

Reaction score
Members Ride
V2 CV8 Monaro and VF SSV Redline
FYI
Your link doesn't work.
If you hi-light it, then select go to site, it works.
I had a look at the site.
Very pixelated. Not good graphics.

they load up eventually, very odd site, literally 2 pictures and 2 products for sale with next to no info.

also on FB https://www.facebook.com/ImportRoad/

somehow linked to envyous customs

1598499680126.png

1598499496104.png

Lex

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Executive S1 V6 6 speed Auto Wagon

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
The ImportRoad website makes a statement that with the VF2, the factory MyLink radio (head unit?) must be programed to use the auxilary input so the android box can function as intended, hense the link to Envious Customs ;) but no comments as to reprogram cost or any special partner discounts buys can get :rolleyes:

As for the web site itself, it's very basic and lacks details like company address and company contact phone numbers for example. Personally i'm not a fan of web pages that simply list ABN number, have only web mail contact and provide little other detail... Technical info on the product they sell is sorely lacking and a video isn't a replacement for such info.

@lsvyss, in my view, address, phone numbers and technical product details are a must on any business web site i'd deal with. Another sugestion is ensure your links work when you post them on any forum (within JC, click on the cog to toggle BB code and then check BB/html code looks good before hitting the post button, then try it after posting and edit if there is some issue). Its simple to do and provides a more professional presentation for your business. If you can't manage such simple posting tasks, one is left wondering whether installation support will be a challenge :eek:

@lsvyss please consider it constructive feedback ;)

As for the product, such stuff has been discussed on other threads within JC. They all seem to have various deficiencies so not sure what's new or better with this product.

PS: you may want to reevaluate your faulty product refund policy as it's not following ACL :rolleyes: but that's a whole other can of worms so i'll leave it at that ;)

Last edited: