Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VF 2 bonnet vent placement

Vf Lightning

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vf Lightning
Could anyone plz post pics of VF bonnet vents placement measurements.
20200806_165809.jpg

Vf Lightning

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vf Lightning
I'm putting aftermarket stick on replicas from mr bodykits and just need the measurements for placement.

mfrancis1990

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII Calais-V V8
Would be interested to get your opinion on these. The quality of the product and general thoughts. Did you go Gloss Black or the Matte finish ?

Vf Lightning

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vf Lightning
I ordered gloss. Apparently they are great quality. Haven't received mine yet but there's quite a few members on the vf club who've got em and reckon they are awesome. Here's a pic from the club vf site.
Would be interested to get your opinion on these. The quality of the product and general thoughts. Did you go Gloss Black or the Matte finish ?

20200807_120033.jpg

tml678

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 HSV30 Senator, 2002 Corolla..
I ordered gloss. Apparently they are great quality. Haven't received mine yet but there's quite a few members on the vf club who've got em and reckon they are awesome. Here's a pic from the club vf site.

I don’t mean to be rude, but they look sh1t, They sit way too proud.

View attachment 212931

White Swan

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII SS

View attachment 212931

They might look a bit better if they were in the right location but agree with the earlier comment, they also sit way too proud.

MattSAU2XR8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS Auto 2007
Not sure that these are a step up in the world? Assuming underbonnet temps are too high its hard to imagine a vent with maybe 100 square cm each side would change anything, particularly when radiator frontal area is about 3 square feet? And how would one know if temp was too high? Engine running too hot? Could always look at removing weather strip at rear of bonnet so some air can get out - although may then get drawn into HVAC :-(

panhead

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cars
Not sure that these are a step up in the world? Assuming underbonnet temps are too high its hard to imagine a vent with maybe 100 square cm each side would change anything, particularly when radiator frontal area is about 3 square feet? And how would one know if temp was too high? Engine running too hot? Could always look at removing weather strip at rear of bonnet so some air can get out - although may then get drawn into HVAC :-(

Just adjust the bonnet so as the rear sits high to allow the heat out like we did in the olden days.

1596781282907.png