Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VF 2 bonnet vent placement

figjam

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
FJ
Just adjust the bonnet so as the rear sits high to allow the heat out like we did in the olden days.

View attachment 212938

Piped engine induction noise through the firewall .........pah!! Man up.
Nothing like the aroma of hot oil and engine wafting into the cabin ......... smells like horse power..

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SS
Piped engine induction noise through the firewall .........pah!! Man up.
Nothing like the aroma of hot oil and engine wafting into the cabin ......... smells like horse power..

I am putting R8 340kw intake elbow next week so 'kazoo tube' will be retired...

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
Stick on fake anything never looks good in my opinion.
While in principle I agree, in practice I wouldn't realise they weren't the real thing without an unusual circumstance where I was looking a lot harder than I usually do. Most of the time I'd see that there were vents, think 'VF2', and then chase the nearby cute puppy with the waggly tail.

panhead

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cars
While in principle I agree, in practice I wouldn't realise they weren't the real thing without an unusual circumstance where I was looking a lot harder than I usually do. Most of the time I'd see that there were vents, think 'VF2', and then chase the nearby cute puppy with the waggly tail.

It's a given if you don't know what you're looking at in the first place you'll most likely be fooled.

If you do know or you are the owner of a vehicle that has the genuine article you'd see from a distance in the case of this photo that they are fake.

They sit on top of the bonnet instead of being recessed down and that is so easy to spot and as pointed out earlier, they are not located correctly.

They are positioned too close the the crease in the bonnet though I'll admit that may be a little hard to spot.

There are good fakes and poor fakes but you can't hide the fact these sit on top of the bonnet.

Not that I care, if it's what the owner wants then go for it, they are the only one who has to be happy with the look.

1596874927845.png

Last edited:

Derekthetree

Reaction score
Members Ride
Gen-F R8 SV Manual
Not that I care, if it's what the owner wants then go for it, they are the only one who has to be happy with the look.

This is very true, but a great many car sins are done in the name of owner style!
BMWs seem most afflicted.

I never get it, there are two types of people:
  1. People who know what an M5 is, and will instantly see this isn't one
  2. People who don't know what an M5 is, so don't care about the badge
Fake-BMW-M-Cars.jpg

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
This is very true, but a great many car sins are done in the name of owner style!
BMWs seem most afflicted.

I never get it, there are two types of people:
  1. People who know what an M5 is, and will instantly see this isn't one
  2. People who don't know what an M5 is, so don't care about the badge
There can be lots in a badge :p

Ford lost the plot back in 2000 when they didn’t release a Millennium Falcon badged model sold exclusively through Harrison Ford o_O

As for the type of people, you forgot
3. People who take the mickey out of their cars or some owners by putting on some badge

Each to their own :p

Last edited:

Derekthetree

Reaction score
Members Ride
Gen-F R8 SV Manual
As for the type of people, you forgot
3. People who take the mickey out of their cars or some owners by putting on some badge

Each to their own :p

I also didn't think of..

4. People who do engine (but not exhaust) swaps to give a 520i the M5 V10 o_O

There is often a BMW at my local Bunnings (must be staff) that must have (no joke) 10 extra BMW badges festooned on it (door mirror caps, wings, bootlid)

Big Red VF-SII Go-kart

I love puddles.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII MY17 SV6 (LFX) Sportwagon (SOLD)
There is a red (but not 'very' red) VZ Commodore wagon going around here with added chrome bling, HSV badges (that VZ has no relationship to a HSV), Holden and GM decals, bar light on the front, towbar with silver testicles dangling from it. As it tootles past: an RM Williams sticker plastered over the tailgate window (I thought something like that would be illegal, hindering visibility, for example...). Some people take glimping and pimping to the extreme. I must get a photo next time I see it.