Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VF 2 ls3 ssv. Custom tune + otr 246rwkw.

panhead

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cars
Hey guys!
After a custom tune & otr my VF2 ls3 ssv made 246rwkw. Stock was 218rwkw.
To me this doesnt sound right, sounds pretty low but i could be wrong.
What does everyone think?

How does it feel when you put your boot into it?

Gotta_Drive_1

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 HSV Clubsport R8 LS3 E3
So true regarding dynos and times.. The only real and accurate way of knowing exactly the rwkw would be have it tuned the best you could, bolt it to a rail and launch it on the quarter mile. Then let the math work it out using time, top speed and weight. I think that is the only real way of working it out and even then it will be different depending on ambient temp, air pressure and humidity let alone the gamble you take each time you put a tank full in? I really think any dyno figure is probably around 85% correct either way given so many variables.

Gotta_Drive_1

Reaction score
Members Ride
Totally agree with panhead in that what matters most is the feel. If it feels like a cat on a hot tin roof when you give it some all is good. Ute wants to dance but light in the rear although noticeable difference between stock and basically just breathing.

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6
Are hub dynos more accurate than rollers ?

07GTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VEGTS BUILT BLOWN E85
Are hub dynos more accurate than rollers ?
they are more accurate in they dont get any wheelspin, they had to use a hub dyno in this years summernats as people were betting on the figures and they didnt want any error in the outcome, but the calculations are still there for weather errors, also the hub ones usually always read higher then the roller dynos

panhead

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cars
Totally agree with panhead in that what matters most is the feel. If it feels like a cat on a hot tin roof when you give it some all is good. Ute wants to dance but light in the rear although noticeable difference between stock and basically just breathing.

I’ve had tunes that read lower than some of the figures you see bandied about and sometimes it just because of low mileage on the engine and sometimes it’s the way the dyno reads it.

If the car feels strong and is what I expect compared to other cars I’ve owned then I’m happy.

These engines are fairly lazy from the factory and even if you don’t want to mod the car, a tune alone gives them a new lease of life and is well worth the cost.

If you’ve gone to a reputable tuner, ask them the question and I’m sure they’ll say don’t worry about the dyno figure.

Jackel

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vf ssv 2
.[/QUOTE]
How does it feel when you put your boot into it?
Well! I was driving a 5ltr VP exec for the last 18 years so when i put my boot into the ls3 it feels great although i would like a bit more extra torque down low so im going to go either a full h&m/harrop exhaust or just do headers + cats.

.[

.[/Q

Gotta_Drive_1

Reaction score
Members Ride
I have had a 4.2 (253), 5.0 (308), 6.0 (360) & 6.2 (380) and I believe the best bang for buck was zaust, intake, headers and tune on the 6.0l.

Gotta_Drive_1

Reaction score
Members Ride
But I've driven a stroked 308 senator and absolutely loved it

Jackel

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vf ssv 2
it won't be any worse then a totally stock exhsust, i ran headers into 2.5'' then into stock rear mufflers with 14 psi boost for few years without issue
Ok! So the decision that i am struggling to make for next mods are
1, headers + cats + 2.5” catback + retune.
2, headers + cats + retune.
Cant seem to make this decision! Should i go first option or second?