Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VF 2 ls3 ssv. Custom tune + otr 246rwkw.

Gotta_Drive_1

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 HSV Clubsport R8 LS3 E3
Headers cats and full exhaust plus cold air intake or otr or pod filter and tune and you will be very happy with the result

Gotta_Drive_1

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 HSV Clubsport R8 LS3 E3
You need some cool air coming in

07GTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VEGTS BUILT BLOWN E85
yep got to have a good intake also, then go the full system and tune, or if u want it bout quiet as stock just go headers/cats into stock system with intake and tune

abuch47

Reaction score
Members Ride
LSS3 YOOTE
I'd say the midpipe is where the most noise comes from. Stock has two mufflers, hsv has x pipe resonator but not joined (if I'm not mistaken) if you want it quiet but want to upgrade exhaust keep stock catback. Although the cat flow is probably another noise point. Stock quieter, no cat loud and anywhere in between with HFC.

Jackel

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vf ssv 2
I'd say the midpipe is where the most noise comes from. Stock has two mufflers, hsv has x pipe resonator but not joined (if I'm not mistaken) if you want it quiet but want to upgrade exhaust keep stock catback. Although the cat flow is probably another noise point. Stock quieter, no cat loud and anywhere in between with HFC.
The full exhaust system with bimodals can still be quiet with a press through mylink yeah?

abuch47

Reaction score
Members Ride
LSS3 YOOTE
yes but thats purely a butterfly valve in your pipe so while it does do a fairbit it doesn't sound the greatest or eliminitate the cold startup with a mostly open exhaust the rest of the way.

Those stock midpipe mufflers reduce plenty of noise but yeah I love the loudness just try to be mindful of my partner, neighbours and cops and hence use my ebay button to turn off the bimodal at night.

dimetime

Reaction score
Members Ride
ve calais 6lt
I think you'll find the stock system flows fine down low and midrange but once you start getting to the top end the 400cell cats will be the most restrictive part, 200cell cats will flow sooooo much better and the top end is where you get your kw figure from.
adding an extra 1000 to 500 revs and a more linear graph you'll see the kw number increase!
ls3 is a huge engine so 2.5 is a minimum along with highflow 200cell cats.

Screenshot_20190415-191501_YouTube.jpg

as you can see from the startard tune the peak power drops before the top of the rev range.
I'd say that's due to the cats

Jackel

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vf ssv 2
The mrs will blow a gasket if its too loud. Ive already got an OTR + tune so im just going to stick with the headers + cats into stock system with retune. This seems the sensible option. Back to Luis at APS i go.

Voodoo_SV6

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12.5 E3 R8 Manual+MY16 VFII SV6+MY11 VE S2 SV6
In my LS3, I just did the CAM (VCM11), OTR, 1 7/8" stainless headers, 3" exhaust (X-Force), tune and a few internals in the engine it has 90,000kms on the clock and got an extra 60kw at the wheels and now have 704Nm. The exhaust drones when cruising, to the point where I can't use my phone to make calls. Popped the original bi-modal mufflers back in on the weekend to make it more driveable. But I am going to play with the bi-modal valve onto the new mufflers to get the best of both worlds.

Solid improvement.

Last edited: