Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VF 2 SSVR Clicking Drivers Seat

Emco

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vf2 Ssv Redline
Gents

As the title says, has anybody had this issue and how did you Rectify? My seat clicks when turning, moving etc
Sep17 SSVR

Last edited:

stooge

Reaction score
Members Ride
Turbo Alpaca
there was a recall or QOL bulletin on that i think??
but you can take it to a dealer and they put a shim into it to stop it and if there was no recall it will probably be covered under warranty or cost 50 to 100 bucks.

Emco

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vf2 Ssv Redline
there was a recall or QOL bulletin on that i think??
but you can take it to a dealer and they put a shim into it to stop it and if there was no recall it will probably be covered under warranty or cost 50 to 100 bucks.
It still has warranty but I wasnt sure that the seat click would be covered

tml678

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 HSV30 Senator, 2002 Corolla..

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
Yeah, get it looked at soon, I assume 3yr warranty so worth getting this done before the warranty expires.

Mention that you’ve done a bit of research & are aware there was a problem that’s been rectified on a lot of customer’s cars, and hence that you think it should be possible to fix yours the same way. I don’t think there’s anything to be gained by starting off with an aggressive or pushy tone, but at least make sure thy know that you know it was a common problem.

There’s also a chance it’s something unrelated that could be easily fixed (eg. my mum had a Civic where the central-locking in a rear door failed - was out of warranty so not fuxed for free, but turned out to be loose screws that were stopping the actuator from working due to the resulting mis-alignment & was something like $50 all-up for the labour - I mean a loose screw in a seat-bracket isn’t likely, but who knows it could be that simple :)).

lordsnipe

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 SSV

Anthony121

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline MY17 & VF Director
Order one, or two of part number 13584324 depending on how many powered seats you have, was less than $8 each from the dealer. SSVR should require just the one for the driver.

Install yourself and don't have to worry about Holden service department or warranty. Less hassles IMO.

Installation guide from Holden (including part number) here: https://forums.justcommodores.com.au/threads/vf-driver-seat-base-clicking.278271/#post-3064056

Thats ok for a while but I've had two VF electric seat bases in two different cars replaced. One was VF Calais V MY14 and replaced out of warranty and my current car was done start of the year after the plastic clip/bracket did not work. I have a clip to put in the car now to stop it happening again.