Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VF 2015 SERIES 2 CALAIS

Laurie Parsons

Reaction score
Members Ride
2015VF SERIES 2 CALAIS
Has anyone replaced stereo head unit with an off the shelf system that allows for heated seats reversing camera steering wheel controls and latest map upgrades please

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
I don’t think anything exists any more, Alpine used to sell a complete replacement unit but last time they upgraded that system they didn’t include the VF-compatible one In the upgrade, and it’s NLA. I guess you might get lucky & find a retailer that still has 1yo+ stock, but it was a ~$3k unit.

The best you’ll be able to do is add a setup which can work on an aux input, and which can use CarPlay and/or Android Auto such that you can have SatNav software running on your ‘phone. Yeah it’s a bit kludgey, and the HUD functions will still use the existing system/maps/speed-limits, but other car functions will continue to work.

Z31na

Reaction score
Members Ride
2013 VF Commodore Evoke
Heated seats are a no and map updates are totally dependant onthe head unit you buy. Steering wheel controls and reverse camera works find with my Pioneer.

Batca

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vf ssv sportwagon
I thought there was no functionality of the vehicle sensors while in reverse with any aftermarket options. As this would be lost I didn’t replace the Mylink head unit.

Z31na

Reaction score
Members Ride
2013 VF Commodore Evoke
You loose cross traffic alert. Which is the sensing of cars coming 90° to you while reversing. Otherwise work perfectly normal front and back.

Batca

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vf ssv sportwagon
You loose cross traffic alert. Which is the sensing of cars coming 90° to you while reversing. Otherwise work perfectly normal front and back.
Yep that’s the one

Z31na

Reaction score
Members Ride
2013 VF Commodore Evoke
6AB7418E-E5E0-40E2-8CCA-658E21CB3826.jpeg1BDAC87F-DCF7-4325-99FC-A251247B261C.jpeg
So this is the camera and park assist screens of the aerpro facia kits. My Pioneer has a floating screen thats bigger than the Mylinks but the camera resolution is on par with original. A standard double din screen would be a little sharper than Mylinks because their screens are smaller.

Sensors work on both ends of the car when reversing. Forward sensors also still work on their own when under 30km in D. Mylink has a button on the screen to switch between the camera and sensors. The aerpro uses a long press on the SRC wheel to change.

Aircon and vehicle settings come up on screen in a similar fashion. If you get a headunit with front and back camera inputs AND can automatically sense which video input to use. You could turn reverse guidelines on. My pioneer doesn’t do that so guidelines are off. If they were on, it would cover the Aircon screen.

Also another thing I noticed that isn’t there. The aerpro only shows how close you are to somthing behind or infront of you on the sensor screen. It does not show what individual sensor is beeping. Mylink shows you which individual sensor is beeping on its screen through all those coloured boxes.