Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VF 3.6 high pressure A/C line leaking. A few questions.

Rooney69

'Sarcasm'
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais V 3.6
At a recent service the holden service dept found that and I quote 'High pressure A/C line leaking'

My invoice mentions this needs replacing for $600 total but gave no part number.

I'm trying to organize this to be completed at another holden service dept as the current one is booked out for like a month.

My question is mainly that when seeking out another dealer to do this work for me, do I just say the above and they will understand what the part is?

Or, is there like 3-4 different areas within the A/C network and me saying 'high pressure line needs replacing' will this just lead to the question of 'yeah, what one?' followed by being asked for a part number etc?

Like, I'm afraid to have a dealer order a part in and then go to do the work and find it was the wrong hose or something.

All I can say is that a holden service dept found that the high-pressure A/C line needs replacing. Is this a common part and job?

stooge

Reaction score
Members Ride
Turbo Alpaca
they should take the vehicle and inspect it.
ordering a part going off the customers input or another shops findings would be silly.

ac leaks are fairly easy to find, the system is pretty simple and the fluid will react to uv light so an visual inspection wouldnt take long.

Rooney69

'Sarcasm'
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais V 3.6
they should take the vehicle and inspect it.
ordering a part going off the customers input or another shops findings would be silly.

ac leaks are fairly easy to find, the system is pretty simple and the fluid will react to uv light so an visual inspection wouldnt take long.
I agree. I wouldn't want to have a part ordered that isn't needed. I'll likely need another inspection before ordering a part.

In terms of the A/C system though, are there different sections of hose where one area is 'normal' and the other 'high pressure'?

I'm thinking about how they told me it's the high-pressure line and how that may immediately narrow it down to only one set section that needs replacing etc.

MaxCommie689

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 Calais V
I'd suggest that you go to the new dealer and explain the problem you are facing - rather than the diagnosis from the other dealer. Maybe you don't need a high pressure line replacement or maybe you do. Let them work it out.

stooge

Reaction score
Members Ride
Turbo Alpaca
the high/low pressure are just different sides of the system(compressor).

Rooney69

'Sarcasm'
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais V 3.6
I'd suggest that you go to the new dealer and explain the problem you are facing - rather than the diagnosis from the other dealer. Maybe you don't need a high pressure line replacement or maybe you do. Let them work it out.
Fair point. I think I'm just thinking too far into this. Not having A/C is driving me to insanity at the moment. I'll just go find another shop and go from there.