Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VF 6.0ltr second hand values

HemiMagic

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV REDLINE, CL Charger, VK Charger, Motorsport
Hi all, wondering what everyone feels is a fair second hand value for stock standard V8 Commodore, Calais and Caprice. Or modified if you like. There is such a variety of prices, kilometers, conditions.

I am hearing car yards are trading them for below Redbook pricing and selling for above. Insurance seems to go on Redbook or other Valuation entities. In particular I am interested in Redline's of all shapes and Calais V. I have seen some low k Caprice with 6.0ltr 2015 for under $30K. A big drop from their $70k sale price.

I know we all want to sell high and buy low but that is not always the reality, (when selling privately).

Is anyone going through this at the moment as either a buyer or seller. I know a few of you have been selling Series ones for Series twos.

Any feed back is welcome

Pablito

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Redline, VE SS
Carsales is your friend.
That'll give you the best idea of whats out there and how much. Take a few grand off the listed prices and you're pretty close to what they're worth/selling for.
As you've said, there's a list of things that vary the price of a car. Location too. Where i live cars are a bit more expensive than Sydney prices, but they give you a higher trade too.
Tidy series 1 Redlines are in the mid 30's at the moment, Calais a bit cheaper. Caprices are always heaps cheaper. Harder sell i guess and they still look like a VE on the outside.

dah_man_ben

Reaction score
Members Ride
Tesla Model 3 Performance, Mazda 6
I sold my 2014 VFI SSVR with 120k on the clock a month ago for $31k mate, just for reference.

ToeCutter21

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Redline MY15 + VF2 Redline MY17
I just sold my 2014 Redline with 50k on the clock. Redbook indicated $36k. Had some interest around $33k but sketchy buyers who had finance issues and wanted me to drive it 600 kms for a test drive. Ended up selling it to a wholesaler for $31k. Big drop in price but was a very easy transaction and they sent a car transports to outback NSW to collect. I paid $43k for it 2 years ago as a novated lease so no GST and ex demo with 900 kms. Just picked up a 2017 VF2 Redline for $43k - fleet price (no GST) so I'm looking at it as a $12k changeover.

HemiMagic

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV REDLINE, CL Charger, VK Charger, Motorsport
I just sold my 2014 Redline with 50k on the clock. Redbook indicated $36k. Had some interest around $33k but sketchy buyers who had finance issues and wanted me to drive it 600 kms for a test drive. Ended up selling it to a wholesaler for $31k. Big drop in price but was a very easy transaction and they sent a car transports to outback NSW to collect. I paid $43k for it 2 years ago as a novated lease so no GST and ex demo with 900 kms. Just picked up a 2017 VF2 Redline for $43k - fleet price (no GST) so I'm looking at it as a $12k changeover.

That is very helpful ToeCutter21. Thanks for posting. It looks to me that you came out okay with that deal.

NewbC4KE

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV M6 & Monaco M4 125cc 2 Stroke Go Kart
Hi all, wondering what everyone feels is a fair second hand value for stock standard V8 Commodore, Calais and Caprice. Or modified if you like. There is such a variety of prices, kilometers, conditions.

I am hearing car yards are trading them for below Redbook pricing and selling for above. Insurance seems to go on Redbook or other Valuation entities. In particular I am interested in Redline's of all shapes and Calais V. I have seen some low k Caprice with 6.0ltr 2015 for under $30K. A big drop from their $70k sale price.

I know we all want to sell high and buy low but that is not always the reality, (when selling privately).

Is anyone going through this at the moment as either a buyer or seller. I know a few of you have been selling Series ones for Series twos.

Any feed back is welcome

I think price and or value for any vehicle is driven by demand/people, commonsense right?? At present one can see that demand for Series 1 VF's in any guise has reduced which is reflected in their price generally. As more people trade up from VF1 to VF2, more VF1's are on the market and to try differentiate/attract new V8 entrants they are significantly cheaper (value). Car dealerships will always try acquire your vehicle for less than market value, just as we, as new car buyers negotiate a reduced purchase price. It goes hand in hand.

It comes down what you are willing to spend your money on and not think twice about the decision you make.

KT11H

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII SSV Redline Ute
Bought my previous 2015 VF1 SSV auto ute for $44,888 and traded it in at $28,500 for a new 2016 VF2 Redline auto ute at $55,000 in Jan 2017. That 63% retained value for 2 years. Don't really matter really as they are business vehicles, tax deductible.

RockDAhouse

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV
i was looking at selling my 2014 vf ssv auto as well, if price is not that great I might as well keep that for another year.

426Cuda

SUBLIME!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Redline Sedan - A6 Spitfire MSE...
My Son was looking at a locally owned manual VF Redline for $31k neat. 55kms. Had after market wheels tyres and exhaust. In good nick. Owner eas keen to sell as he'd bougt a Navara work ut and needed the cash. So may be atypical. Price started at $36k. Had been for sale four a couple of months.
Personally I wouldn't sell mine. Worth more to me than $30-$35k. Too good a car.