Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VF 6.2 M6 Diff Oil and Trans Fluid

Smitty

Reaction score
Members Ride
GenF SV340 R8 Tourer, VK race car, ZX12R
Good point about undoing the fill plug before the drain plug.....
I had a brown undies tantrum a few years ago when I did this in the other order and spent ages getting the stuck fill plug undone.
always.... old timers tip that one :)

Geoff6666

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vf 1 SSV UTE 6M Phantom
I use all Penrite in mine with no issues at all. Manual has smoother shifts.

eman1

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 Redline
Yea Penrite in mine.

In regards to the holden vs ac Delco fluids, they all use the ac delco in the states and have said it the correct carbon Modified fluid. So wouldn’t suprise me if the Holden bottle is the same fluid just repackaged.

In my opinion I go the Penrite fluid as it’s cheaper and would rather change it more regularly. At 50k km the fluid was bad, (using at the track and drags) I am more inclined to change every 20-30k as it was bad again at 85k km.

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SS
Yea Penrite in mine.

In regards to the holden vs ac Delco fluids, they all use the ac delco in the states and have said it the correct carbon Modified fluid. So wouldn’t suprise me if the Holden bottle is the same fluid just repackaged.

In my opinion I go the Penrite fluid as it’s cheaper and would rather change it more regularly. At 50k km the fluid was bad, (using at the track and drags) I am more inclined to change every 20-30k as it was bad again at 85k km.

I agree. It's really easy to replace it...so why not

Terry57

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Evoke Wagon
Very clear instructions mate. Cheers. The big problem for most of us is not having a car lift, the VF is so low trying to grovel under it is mostly out the window.

Given there is no dip stick and the fluid levels are critical this is not an easy job for most.

Smitty

Reaction score
Members Ride
GenF SV340 R8 Tourer, VK race car, ZX12R
Very clear instructions mate. Cheers. The big problem for most of us is not having a car lift, the VF is so low trying to grovel under it is mostly out the window.

Given there is no dip stick and the fluid levels are critical this is not an easy job for most.
... I luxuriate on my Axminster while changing fluids. Carpet in the garage is so wonderful ;)

DPY3yh4s_o.jpg

Last edited:

VFSV6FORME

Reaction score
Members Ride
WN Caprice V 6.0L, VE Anniversity V6 Series 1

VFSV6FORME

Reaction score
Members Ride
WN Caprice V 6.0L, VE Anniversity V6 Series 1

I'm confused but it easy for me to be confused but are you talking about a auto box? just in case you are talking about a VF - WN Auto box I have done this to perfection.

Last edited:

Super Coach

GTS, S, CV8Z, SSVR
Reaction score
Members Ride
GTS, S PAK, CV8Z, SSVR, CALAIS V, MSE

Yes I am spoilt to have hoists at home so makes the job easy for me. Was surprised how easy it was to change the oils in the manual trans and diff, having the right tool does always help make it easier.