Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VF annoying window/door rattle

Paulie81

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY16 VFII Prussian Steel SS-V Redline Manual
With only 2200km on the clock, my VFii redline has had a intermittent rattle/creek noise from the front passenger door around the window. It sometimes happens on the drivers side door and occours even on the most slightly bumy of roads. Its most of the time from the passenger side and occasionally from the drivers door. Its hard to exactly pinpoint where it is coming from but from what I can tell, I suspect its coming from the hard black plastic piece running from the top of the door down to the bottom trim where the door lock button is. See attached pic for example. Does anyone have this issue and have you managed to successfully fix it to stop the annoying creeking noise? Thanks
IMG_4845 (1).jpg

vk2him

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline
If it's like mine - it's probably coming from the seat belt retractor behind the white plastic cover ....

tommy_z

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII Director
This issue happened to my VF I on the drivers door. Something was sounding loose from within the door locking mechanism. The rattle only stopped if I opened the window. Sent it back to the dealer under warranty, they replaced something under the door card and haven't had a problem since. Would suggest making an appointment to have it fixed under warranty (would assume this should be the case as it's a VF II only so still new).

Paulie81

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY16 VFII Prussian Steel SS-V Redline Manual
This issue happened to my VF I on the drivers door. Something was sounding loose from within the door locking mechanism. The rattle only stopped if I opened the window. Sent it back to the dealer under warranty, they replaced something under the door card and haven't had a problem since. Would suggest making an appointment to have it fixed under warranty (would assume this should be the case as it's a VF II only so still new).

Yes mine also goes away with the window open. Do you know the specifics of what part was replaced?

bigjim92

Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 VF SSVR
I've had multiple door rattles, found the issue to be the striker. I tried adjusting it with no luck. My solution for this was to add a little bit of spring wrap, no more rattles.
Look at older model commodores, the striker had a black plastic on them, current ones are bare metal.

lmoengnr

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12.5 Maloo R8, MY12 Redline ute, Magnum 224

tml678

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 HSV30 Senator, 2002 Corolla..
Same issue with mine...a couple of loops of electrical tape around the door strikers fixed it. :)

tommy_z

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII Director
Yes mine also goes away with the window open. Do you know the specifics of what part was replaced?

I have forgotten sorry, but the responses since about the tape around the wiring is a potential issue? Regardless I would be taking it to my dealer for fixing.