Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VF B-pillar external window trim removal?

Finchinator

Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 VF Series II SV6 Sportswagon
Hey guys,

I've done a bit of searching but can't find anything specific to my issue...

In the freak wind storm this arvo, a no parking sign came loose & rattled down the left side of my VF series 2 SV6. Only had the car a few months - so bloody annoyed!

It's left a deep 400mm scratch on the rear left door & scratched the front pax door window.

The trims in question are gouged quite deeply so looking at getting some new ones & fitting myself if possible. It's the two large black trims that sit next to each other on the b-pillar.

The trim on the front door is at the back of the window & the one on the rear door is at the front of the window.

Anyone know how hard these are to remove & replace or the steps involved?

Cheers!

Attachments

• 16010232_10211597004378756_454068248_o.jpg
    16010232_10211597004378756_454068248_o.jpg
    84.7 KB · Views: 624

dazbug

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 SSV Redline
Did you find the answer or part number as need to replace one of mine too.

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
.. In the freak wind storm this arvo, a no parking sign came loose & rattled down the left side of my VF series 2 SV6. Only had the car a few months - so bloody annoyed!

It's left a deep 400mm scratch on the rear left door & scratched the front pax door window...
For the sign to come loose in wind and damage your car, I’d consider the council (or whatever authority looks after that section of road) hasn’t been on top of their maintenance obligations. As such I’d expect them to be responsible and liable for any damages that have occurred to your car.

So, I’d get a quote for the repair of the damage due to their neglect and present it to council as a written claim (I wouldn’t use terms like “freak wind storm” within your claim letter though).

Just noticed Op posted this back in 2017 so not really relevant to answer him in 2020 :rolleyes: but left it (with struck through) as someone may find my comments useful ;)

gr33nbastad

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 SSV Redline -- VX2 Calais LS1 A4
I've looked through the workshop manual and I can't find any instructions. I can only say you could try filling with fine blade putty and repainting...

dazbug

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 SSV Redline
Remove the upper and lower black horizontal trims and it should just slide out.

So the lower door trim will need to be removed which will have to be replaced as one use only due to the clips. How does the upper moved, does It just pull up???