Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VF Bi Modal Electric Actuators Diagrams/Schematic

Jayssvz

Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 VEii SSV Z
We have just done some testing and it does seem there is constant power to EXH VLV fuse and relay with the car off and with the valves open and closed. So it does seem that the PWM duty cycle is changed to open/close the valves.

426Cuda

SUBLIME!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Redline Sedan - A6 Spitfire MSE...
I would like to ask you 2 questions
https://www.ultimateconversionwiring.com.au/store/bimodal-retrofit-module
1/ Can you tell me can you use the ultimate Conversion set up ABOVE on the standard run of the mill available every where VF 2 Electric bi Modal Actuators/Mufflers. If so that will be big plus

2/ The above mob give you two option in "Bimodal Control Options: Remote" one I see is a key fob YEAH!!! that you keep in your centre consul that would be the best to open or close the bi modal actuators the other is switch now what would anyone want a switch or are they talking a about a switch a main 12v power switch just in case you have NO ACCESSORIES Power in the boot and you need to turn the power off so you don't either kill the electronics in the control box of flatten the car battery.
Ok, so:
1. Yes, it is plug and play. The male connectors fit straight into the female actuator fittings. Connect the other ends to + and - using a fuse type fitting and away you go.
2. I received a key fob. Not sure about the switch you mention?
It is simple to fit and works a treat. Highly recommended.

426Cuda

SUBLIME!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Redline Sedan - A6 Spitfire MSE...
Do you have evidence of this? A video of the duty cycle doing this? Or a video showing constant power to this relay while valves are open?
I can say this as I tested it myself. With the actuator removed from the pipe, therefore no spring assistance, one press of the button turns the actuator one way, the next press rotates it the opposite way.

stooge

Reaction score
Members Ride
Turbo Alpaca
Do you have evidence of this? A video of the duty cycle doing this? Or a video showing constant power to this relay while valves are open?

when i created the circuit to control them that is how i found them to work.

The word is MINI. Trying to buy on line because the China COVID 19 we have, Also Trying to Buy anything that does not come from China.

Yeah Bough both Mini and Micro X 2 in 10A

you can purchase online with jaycar and most stock is in aus.

VFSV6FORME

Reaction score
Members Ride
WN Caprice V 6.0L, VE Anniversity V6 Series 1
Ok, so:
1. Yes, it is plug and play. The male connectors fit straight into the female actuator fittings. Connect the other ends to + and - using a fuse type fitting and away you go.
2. I received a key fob. Not sure about the switch you mention?
It is simple to fit and works a treat. Highly recommended.
Yes Order and paid for it. I rang and spoke to Justin from Ultimate wiring Conversion and he was very helpful and explained what the reason why some prefer the switch or the other method that you have one wire and when you short this to earth the valves open and when you short it again it closes and these customers must have a reason to have them like this. Also Justin said some Customers have lost the FOB. Interesting !! I better buy another FOB, cant see if they have different frequencies, I might have to contact Justin and ask him this question.

VFSV6FORME

Reaction score
Members Ride
WN Caprice V 6.0L, VE Anniversity V6 Series 1
By the time it gets to you any covid from China would have died. Your more likely to get it from local post workers than it surviving the trip from China!
Naaaa I know that even with Stainless steel COVID 19 can last only 7 days and stainless is the worse out of the lot. No I'm not worrying about that, I worried about China itself and the attitude they show with the world and this is the 3rd time they have generated a Virus like this and the Communist Government needs to be given a lesson. Yes I see things on Satellite Transmissions that bother me with China in General even if the 4 US carries Fleets are effected with COVID-19.
Put it this way I have another Hobby for 25 years and lot more expensive than two new redlines when they were new.

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition

R32GOJIRA

Reaction score
Members Ride
WN Caprice, R32 GTR Skyline
Im curious to know, what fuse should i tap into while using the remote start?
Because with remote start, there is no accessories, just ignition.
So would any of the fuses in the boot marked ignition be ok so the valves still have power on remote start?

R32GOJIRA

Reaction score
Members Ride
WN Caprice, R32 GTR Skyline
Yeah I have. I'll send you a contact for a bloke that makes and sells these for about $150. Simple plug and play.
Are they as refined as the one from ultimate conversion wiring?
Im looking at doing the same to a WN Caprice.