Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VF Bi Modal Electric Actuators Diagrams/Schematic

VFSV6FORME

Reaction score
Members Ride
WN Caprice V 6.0L, VE Anniversity V6 Series 1
Anyhow Paid for the Bi Modal, Paind for the Bi Modal Controller that control's the Genuine Hold Actuators, Paid for 4 Pipe Gaskets from pipe to the Mufflers, yes the corrects ones that come from ebay in a packet of 4, Paid for Gasket Cement, so I have all electrical stuff at home except for the Special piggy back fuses that I will search them on ebay soon.

Anthony121

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline MY17 & VF Director
the pwm "duty cycle" is used to change the state not power on and off, the system will work without the spring.
the spring is there mainly to provide pressure on the mechanism that the valve motor slots into to stop it rattling, without the springs it will sometimes have a metallic rattle like a number plate with doof doof lol

during the close cycle a single motor draws more than 2a of current so i would not be using anything lower than a 10a fuse for the motors if they are both on the same fuse.
they only draw the max current during the close switch phase and then go into a "hold" mode which only uses about <1a.
a 2a fuse might work for a while but it could end up blowing over time/repeated use, 10a is enough and will still blow quickly is something goes wrong.

Anthony121 is right, fuse taps are a one way plug and if you put it the wrong way you will power the tapped device through the fuse for the original device which puts both loads on the first fuse.

i made a crappy diagram to help illustrate it
fuse-tap.jpg

That''s what I needed to try to explain myself.

VFSV6FORME

Reaction score
Members Ride

stooge

Reaction score
Members Ride
Turbo Alpaca
OH
I still want to know what the Tap Fuses on ebay are are they STANDARD or MINI.
What do think of these, Are they good for the VF.
https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/DNA-MIN...865642?hash=item4433dc832a:g:10AAAOSwTaFdRUG5

This one has a 10A fuse ( I selected) for the two Bi modals, is Mini ok?
https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Add-a-C...hash=item23cb432569:m:mzUY5x-YNj5f77R0x8iFNXA

i use these ones
https://www.jaycar.com.au/double-mini-blade-fuse-socket-wire-tap/p/SF5125

VFSV6FORME

Reaction score
Members Ride
Last edited:

Jayssvz

Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 VEii SSV Z
Do you have evidence of this? A video of the duty cycle doing this? Or a video showing constant power to this relay while valves are open?

I'm not sure if this fuse or relay are ACC power. but it would be very interesting to know if power to this relay changes with RPM? ie if your car actually has the Bimodal on/off functional. as then you could wire it up to work like factory with the optional 'open all the time'
the pwm "duty cycle" is used to change the state not power on and off, the system will work without the spring.
the spring is there mainly to provide pressure on the mechanism that the valve motor slots into to stop it rattling, without the springs it will sometimes have a metallic rattle like a number plate with doof doof lol

during the close cycle a single motor draws more than 2a of current so i would not be using anything lower than a 10a fuse for the motors if they are both on the same fuse.
they only draw the max current during the close switch phase and then go into a "hold" mode which only uses about <1a.
a 2a fuse might work for a while but it could end up blowing over time/repeated use, 10a is enough and will still blow quickly is something goes wrong.

Anthony121 is right, fuse taps are a one way plug and if you put it the wrong way you will power the tapped device through the fuse for the original device which puts both loads on the first fuse.

i made a crappy diagram to help illustrate it
fuse-tap.jpg

rucxy

Electrified Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
06 VE SSV L98
@Mattricho, sorry to hear that.
Are you willling or anybody else with a VF to do some tests with a digi mm on the fuses in the rear with key turned off, if they are all constant power, there will be no need to do another test with key on acc/ignition reds.
Just to disprove/prove my theory that there is no switched feed in the rear.

@rucxy that fuse has constant power to it so no good for me. @Anthony121 as far as I know the first fuse stays the same as what you pull out and the second fuse just Big enough for what you need if that makes sense.
In the photos you see the 15a fuse is first then the 5a is second and seems as the bimodal motor only need 2a its plentyView attachment 210611View attachment 210612

rucxy

Electrified Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
06 VE SSV L98
Just been talking to a mate of mine with a VF2 and says that the ones marked ###/ign are switched, ie Camera/Ignition(15A) so that maybe a good starting point for your bimodal controller circuit to be switched via key.

Mattricho

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV my15
@rucxy anything marked with ING are acc power I’m using “front seat vent” witch aus car don’t have so thought I should be safe because there’s no power being used except for my bimodal’s.

Jayssvz

Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 VEii SSV Z
By the time it gets to you any covid from China would have died. Your more likely to get it from local post workers than it surviving the trip from China!

The word is MINI. Trying to buy on line because the China COVID 19 we have, Also Trying to Buy anything that does not come from China.

Yeah Bough both Mini and Micro X 2 in 10A