Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VF bimodal pin diagram

Twoparkers

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series 2 SSV Redline
is it possible to get them opened from the closed position ?

daz_au

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII
Thanks cashie
If not, can the standard bimodal motors be be changed out for ones that just need a 12 volt on off switch?

I doubt its rocket science for someone to come up with a PWM generator for it to work, it just comes down to someone with the right skills having the right motivation. Chevy SS owners are asking for the same thing, someone will probably get it done eventually.

The other option would be to cut the vacuum actuators off older bimodals and weld them in place of the electronic ones. I hooked up a set of HSV vacuum actuated mufflers on a project car and although you need a vacuum line from the front, the switchgear is very simple.

cashie

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS-V
I’ve got a set of VF2 flanged BiModal Sedan mufflers and a module to drive them from the Corvette Forum design.
https://www.corvetteforum.com/forum...full-open-close-non-factory-npp-retrofit.html

I’ve sold my car now, I’ve not tested the above module but the previous owner on the Corvette Forum claims it worked well (I never got the opportunity to test before selling my car). It comes with a set of new plug connectors for the mufflers too.

Happy if someone in Perth wants to take a punt and make an offer to collect the lot from Mandurah or Rockingham.

Wagonboy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS wagon
I’ve got a set of VF2 flanged BiModal Sedan mufflers and a module to drive them from the Corvette Forum design.
https://www.corvetteforum.com/forum...full-open-close-non-factory-npp-retrofit.html

I’ve sold my car now, I’ve not tested the above module but the previous owner on the Corvette Forum claims it worked well (I never got the opportunity to test before selling my car). It comes with a set of new plug connectors for the mufflers too.

Happy if someone in Perth wants to take a punt and make an offer to collect the lot from Mandurah or Rockingham.

PM sent

Mattricho

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV my15
Sorry to dig up an old thread but has anyone got some series 2 bimodal mufflers working on a series 1??

I have done some googling and calling around to no avail.

Have called 2-3 auto elections and both have given up on me.

All that googling has told me is I know f**k all about car electrics lol all the pwm and -4.5v to 4.5v waves and stuff lol

I just want to be able to turn them on and off from in the car.

426Cuda

SUBLIME!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Redline Sedan - A6 Spitfire MSE...
Sorry to dig up an old thread but has anyone got some series 2 bimodal mufflers working on a series 1??

I have done some googling and calling around to no avail.

Have called 2-3 auto elections and both have given up on me.

All that googling has told me is I know f**k all about car electrics lol all the pwm and -4.5v to 4.5v waves and stuff lol

I just want to be able to turn them on and off from in the car.
Hey @monstar didn't you post up some time back an ebay sourced dongle thingamajig that would work?

Pablito

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Redline, VE SS
I think that was a switch for series 2's that allowed you to have the valves always open without having to pull the fuse.
As far as i know, from when i looked into it a while back, no one has been able to get them too work on a series 1. Turned out to be too difficult of a job for those who tried.

John Revill

Reaction score
Members Ride
WN Caprice V 6.2L A6
I am working on a prototype for a Arduino base Bluetooth/Android controller for my bimodal exhaust. Got nearly everything to built the first prototype except for the 5 pin plugs.
Here is a video of my proof of concept and is where I am at so far. It is fully functional but not practical and far from pretty.