Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VF Bull Bar fit to VZ?

graham7773

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Acclaim Wagon
I have a VZ Commodore and I also have a VF bull bar I would like to fit to the VZ. I do not want advice re how/why I should not do it.
Please provide helpful steps as to how I should proceed, if you can. I have all the bolts, fittings and the indicator and fog lights with their wiring harnesses.
Any and all ideas are welcome.
Thanks in advance for productive ideas.

RiCeY

F O R U M W A R R I O R
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV8 6spd 6.0 430rwhp
The fittings wont work as the front ends are totally different. You'll probaby need customs brackets and even then the bullbar probably wont look right as it won't follow the shape of the VZ front end.

chrisp

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 MY16 SS Redline Sportwagon
I have a VZ Commodore and I also have a VF bull bar I would like to fit to the VZ. I do not want advice re how/why I should not do it.
Please provide helpful steps as to how I should proceed, if you can. I have all the bolts, fittings and the indicator and fog lights with their wiring harnesses.
Any and all ideas are welcome.
Thanks in advance for productive ideas.

Productive, helpful, “all ideas welcome”....
(a) sell the VZ
(b) buy a VF
(c) fit VF bull bar

graham7773

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Acclaim Wagon
chrisp, the thought of selling the VZ, while attractive, does not work for me as I am a 75 yr old man receiving a Centrelink pension of not much.
Cheap VF's run to around four times + what I paid for my VZ and I would be running the same motor and trans. I do not mind spending a few hundred $'s to have the VF bar modded to suit. It (the bar) looks good and comes with the fog lights and indicators plus all fittings, so yeah, buying a VF not on. Thanks any way

graham7773

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Acclaim Wagon
chrisp, the thought of selling the VZ, while attractive, does not work for me as I am a 75 yr old man receiving a Centrelink pension of not much.
Cheap VF's run to around four times + what I paid for my VZ and I would be running the same motor and trans. I do not mind spending a few hundred $'s to have the VF bar modded to suit. It (the bar) looks good and comes with the fog lights and indicators plus all fittings, so yeah, buying a VF not on. Thanks any way

Calaber

Nil Bastardo Carborundum
Reaction score
Members Ride
CG Captiva 5 Series 2
Don't do it. Fitting a bar not designed for the VZ will probably interfere with the airbag operation if you have an accident. Genuine factory bars are engineered by the company to facilitate correct airbag deployment for specific models. A VF bar would be designed with the more modern car's chassis as part of an integrated protection package.

rambunctious

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Executive Wagon
Don't do it. Fitting a bar not designed for the VZ will probably interfere with the airbag operation if you have an accident. Genuine factory bars are engineered by the company to facilitate correct airbag deployment for specific models. A VF bar would be designed with the more modern car's chassis as part of an integrated protection package.

Damm, I just hate it when someone talks common sense.

chrisp

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 MY16 SS Redline Sportwagon

What about doing it the other way:
(a) sell VF bull bar
(b) buy VZ bull bar
(c) fit bull bar

I know my posts are somewhat tongue in cheek, but pragmatically I don’t think there are any other options.

Benboy

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 SVZ Wagon
For what it's is worth, several years ago I too researched the possibility of installing a front bar. Was told by several manufacturers that owing to unsuitable mounting points it was not able to be done. ECB (East Coast Bars) was one such company.