Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VF Calais V MY14 Air Con High Pressure Hose

Can this be covered under Australian Consumer Law although out of Warranty?

• Total voters

KrisHolden

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais V
Hi Guys,
Col Crawford Holden today informed me that Holden has made obsolete the replacement part for my VF Calais V MY14 Air Con High Pressure Hose.

After a 90K km service, at 65k km, I noticed my air con soon after getting warmer and warmer. They then replaced under warranty my drivers seat base, and installed it incorrectly which I had to point out myself and they stated yes its incorrect, but safe.

Whilst I cannot accuse them for breaking my air-con they proposed a deal to reduce the price to replace the High Pressure Hose in the air con which I accepted hesitantly.

However, today I get a call saying Holden has discontinued this product and it needs to be custom made!

This has left me shocked!

Can anyone shine any light on this?

Thanks for your help

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
I’d give HCC a call as any repairs that are fixed under warranty should be fixed in a professional manner using Holden’s approved methods. For the dealer to say “yes it’s incorrect but safe” is simply not acceptable.

As to serviceable parts no longer being available for vehicles under warranty, I’d want this in writing (by dealer & HCC) and then I’d provide such to ACCC and your state Consumer Affairs organisation. This is again simply not acceptable and against the law as I understand it (as parts must be available for 10 years after selling their last VF, which at current sales rates may be 2100 :p).

With such a poor attitude, I’d go to another dealer.

Sir Les

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais V V6 MY14
+1 with what Skylarking said.

Anthony121

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline MY17 & VF Director
What part is it? Do you have a picture?

Smashfist

Reaction score
Members Ride
440rwhp Cammed VF Ute
That's a bit rude. I'd expect to pay for it as hoses don't last forever, but it's not an uncommon hose to fail so I'd expect that parts supply should be up to snuff.

wetwork65

A wet business
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Wagon & VF SV6 Wagon
Hi Guys,
Col Crawford Holden today informed me that Holden has made obsolete the replacement part for my VF Calais V MY14 Air Con High Pressure Hose.

After a 90K km service, at 65k km, I noticed my air con soon after getting warmer and warmer. They then replaced under warranty my drivers seat base, and installed it incorrectly which I had to point out myself and they stated yes its incorrect, but safe.

Whilst I cannot accuse them for breaking my air-con they proposed a deal to reduce the price to replace the High Pressure Hose in the air con which I accepted hesitantly.

However, today I get a call saying Holden has discontinued this product and it needs to be custom made!

This has left me shocked!

Can anyone shine any light on this?

Thanks for your help
Hi is that Col Crawford at Brookvale? I have found the guys at CC North Narrabeen to be much better.

RiCeY

F O R U M W A R R I O R
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV8 6spd 6.0 430rwhp
They are full of ****, part is still available and is a common failure.

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
^ and even more reason for @KrisHolden to call HCC and call them out on their rather poor customer service.
Heck, at 90k schedual service (time based since car only travelled 65k kms) shouldn't the car still be under warranty? The dealer should be supporting the owner not bullsh!tting him :mad:

KrisHolden

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais V
Hi Guys,
Thank you for all your replies.
I spent 45-50mins on the phone to Holden Customer Care. They said they cannot search parts and only a dealership could... again surprisingly cause I wanted them to check out Col Crawford Brookvale story. I pointed out to Col Crawford the reason I pay a premium is for a more quality service and better customer service. Both of which have failed at my expense and a premium I wouldnt pay at many other locations.

Ive got in writing back from Customer Care that Col Crawford requested the part 4 times and its no longer made. I asked them to cover the cost and they agreed.

Ricey- Ive read many of your comments and have to say I have more confidence in you then Holden at the present time. My gut feeling is it is available, possibly under a different part number. I only have High Pressure AC Hose on the paperwork they gave me.

Col Crawford Narrabeen have been good to me. If Col Crawford keep this level of care and professionalism up for a premium price people wake up.

Thanks for your comments!

Anthony121

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline MY17 & VF Director
Hi Guys,
Thank you for all your replies.
I spent 45-50mins on the phone to Holden Customer Care. They said they cannot search parts and only a dealership could... again surprisingly cause I wanted them to check out Col Crawford Brookvale story. I pointed out to Col Crawford the reason I pay a premium is for a more quality service and better customer service. Both of which have failed at my expense and a premium I wouldnt pay at many other locations.

Ive got in writing back from Customer Care that Col Crawford requested the part 4 times and its no longer made. I asked them to cover the cost and they agreed.

Ricey- Ive read many of your comments and have to say I have more confidence in you then Holden at the present time. My gut feeling is it is available, possibly under a different part number. I only have High Pressure AC Hose on the paperwork they gave me.

Col Crawford Narrabeen have been good to me. If Col Crawford keep this level of care and professionalism up for a premium price people wake up.

Thanks for your comments!

Post a pic of the hose please