Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VF Calais V Rims - who makes them?

David Thompson

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais V
Hi

I am wanting to know the company that makes the VF Calais (series 1) rims please? I would like to get larger rims (9-10") as part of my upgrade. I am wanting to upgrade the suspension, engine etc, but keep the car as close to original looks as possible. You know not to attract attention ;) lol

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
Not sure this stuff is made in Oz any more ... if it is, I don’t know that they’d be able to make them in a wider size.
Probably best to contact a wheel repair & refinishing joint to see if they can do anything with a set of OEM wheels.

greenacc

Searching for the billion
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
Did ROH close down already ?

blackve76

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS ute 360rwkw N/A, 2016 VF2 SS M6
Did ROH close down already ?
Still going but small now days, worked there when vt was out magna front cross members and wheels being exported sad daysnoed

saroadie

Reaction score
Members Ride
2015 VF SV6 Storm
Still going but small now days, worked there when vt was out magna front cross members and wheels being exported sad daysnoed
Those cross members were a nice casting.

Smashfist

Reaction score
Members Ride
440rwhp Cammed VF Ute
Why not try and find a set of VF Senator wheels? Similar design, they're staggered and a quality casting that doesn't need to be modified.

zappaboy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais V V6 Sportswagon, Motorsport Auto VE Ute
Calais V series 1 Rims made in Thailand. It actually says that on the inside of the Rim. They have a relatively high rate of faults. I personally had 3 replaced under warranty due to delamination. I know another owner who has had 2 sets replaced under warranty for the same reason. I believe Holden changed manufacturer for the series 2 Rims. Holden hasnt used ROH or Australian made rims for years. They changed well before the VE came out. It was just part of the reduction in local content where by the time of the VF they were largely just an assembler of imported parts as a percentage if you exclude the labour especially if the VF was a V8.

Poor old Dad

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII Calais V
I was looking at what was being sold as oem HSV 20's on ebay recently and a close up of the data on the rim said they were made in Taiwan.

I'm not sure now whether they were current model or not but it sounds as if rims are sourced from all over the place.