Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VF CalaisV Sedan Rattles & Water Leakes

Noeleter

Reaction score
Members Ride
VEII Equipe Sportwagon
I guess that's the problem with a new model. Have a 3 year old Series II VE and have never had a single problem with it.

dah_man_ben

Reaction score
Members Ride
Tesla Model 3 Performance, Mazda 6
I own a carwash, and yes the auto (high pressure wash) will leak a little water through my sunroof. It also used to happen on my VE sunroof... never had any other issues with persistent leaking in weather or anything though.

Also, I had a rattle for ages... thought it was the roof, passenger seat, ohhhhh, giving me the sh*ts!! Anyway, turned out to be that the passenger seatbelt turns sideways with the VF and gets trapped between the seat and the pillar, creating a rattle. I expect because the VF seats are wider than VE.

TinSnips

Polish all the things...
Reaction score
Website
www.drivencolour.com.au
Members Ride
VF SSV Ute
dash is creaky as hell, but that's it. Kind of have a feeling I'll make it worse if I dick around with it, so it's staying put for now.

Sun roof shouldn't leak aside from maybe some residual water run-in if you open it after it's been wet. Will be a faulty/worn seal that should be replaced.