Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VF Calias 2014 SV6 Exhuast

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
I seem to recall a conversation that never got resolved, regarding a car which nobody was sure has started life as a Calais or an SV6.
Is this the car in that conversation?

I guess it depends on what parts are Calais and what parts are SV6. Stuff like "does the rear bumper cutout fit". I assume it has an SV6 spec engine?

Snakejuice

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF CALAIS SV6 2014
I seem to recall a conversation that never got resolved, regarding a car which nobody was sure has started life as a Calais or an SV6.
Is this the car in that conversation?

I guess it depends on what parts are Calais and what parts are SV6. Stuff like "does the rear bumper cutout fit". I assume it has an SV6 spec engine?
Yes. it has the same alloytec sv6 vf engine, so id assume it would have the same exhaust system but I thought I should post here for confirmation. As for the same car previously posted about, no, this is my first time posting and also my first car

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Oh, just wondering why you were referring to it as a ‘Calais SV6”, thought it must have been an SV6 with Calais parts or vice-versa.

I can’t answer the question though, sorry; if I were you, I’d just call ‘em and ask if their SV6 exhaust system will suit a 6cyl Calais.

[paradox]

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 SSV-R
twin 3" on a v6? hope you are planning on strapping a turbo or something to it

panhead

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cars

Maybe just for bragging rights as you don't see a twin 3"on an V6 Commodore every day.

Snakejuice

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF CALAIS SV6 2014
Im on my P plates and can't really afford the costs of daily driving a V8. just want the exhaust for a little bit extra noise, would you suggest a 2.25" perhaps?

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
See if you can hear what the twin 3" exhausts sound like on a VF V6 before spending money on it, it's likely to make a sound that's not just loud but is also annoying. I can't recommend anything as I don't have a clue; the 2.25" pair seems more appropriate to me but I'm defo no has-been-drip-under-pressure.

MattSAU2XR8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS Auto 2007
I would offer that V6 engines in general do not sound 'nice' so making them louder is not a good plan. That's not to say an SV6 is not a great car though. I've driven a few of them and liked them. Currently have a ZB V6 and for whatever reason ?cost Holden decided to fit less mufflers to make the exhaust a bit raspy and to be honest I'd prefer it quieter. If you did want the car noisier the easiest way would be to just get an exhaust shop to remove one of the mufflers neatly and weld in a straight through pipe. Then if you don't like the result they can put it back...

Derekthetree

Reaction score
Members Ride
Gen-F R8 SV Manual
can't really afford the costs of daily driving a V8

P's i can understand, but saving fuel money?

So $899 on an exhaust.
A google shows Sv6 gets around 10l/100km? Compared to a v8 of say 14?
At normal prices of $1.40/l, your $900 would buy you 16000ks of driving a V8 over a V6...

As mentioned above, the V6 sounds pretty nasty and by all accounts gets worse with big exhausts.
It sucks and it's deathly boring, but I'd save your money and wait.
Or pickup one of these and play it while driving :D
https://www.speedgear.com/entertainment/cds