Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VF Clubbie warnings

mpower

Reaction score
Members Ride
V2 CV8 Monaro and VF SSV Redline
Or unlock the car to shut the fuel cap. I just push the shaft back in to close the cover.

that's what i do, probably one of a handful of minor VF annoyances for me.

Smitty

Reaction score
Members Ride
GenF SV340 R8 Tourer, VK race car, ZX12R
I finally worked it out , and thanks to 426 CUDA for your sensible reply , as for the rest of you , asking why I want to leave the car with the motor running , well dear brain surgeons , simply to get out and open my gate , with the headlights on , is that a reasonable explanation , or did you all think I wanted to leave the motor running and the air con on , so I could go shopping at Chadstone ?

About 10 years ago, I got sick of that routine.. getting out and opening/closing gates especially if it was hissing down

Paid a man to put in electric gate openers... now? drive up press button on gate control (resides on console) and ya know what?...
they open themselves :)

Drive in, press control again and they close (did not want to pay extra coin for the autocloser function)
and a bonus with this?

Keep the gates shut when home and this also keeps the Mormons and utility floggers out :cool:

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
About 10 years ago, I got sick of that routine.. getting out and opening/closing gates especially if it was hissing down

Paid a man to put in electric gate openers... now? drive up press button on gate control (resides on console) and ya know what?...
they open themselves :)

Drive in, press control again and they close (did not want to pay extra coin for the autocloser function)
and a bonus with this?

Keep the gates shut when home and this also keeps the Mormons and utility floggers out :cool:
I like the concept of these GMS gate openers which use a $10/year sim to connect to the gsm network and then you send SMS’s to it to program up to 200? numbers into it.

Then any of those programmed numbers can call the gate and it opens... the call is not answered as it just uses the a number presented by the gsm network to check against its list. and you don’t need to give each person another device to carry around to open the gate... their phone is all they need :cool:

Really cheap if you buy direct from China but available at Amazon and eBay though prices are all over the place.

https://www.amazon.com.au/King-Pigeon-RTU5024-Control-Sliding/dp/B07GB2L283

lmoengnr

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12.5 Maloo R8, MY12 Redline ute, Magnum 224
I like the concept of these GMS gate openers which use a $10/year sim to connect to the gsm network and then you send SMS’s to it to program up to 200? numbers into it.

Then any of those programmed numbers can call the gate and it opens... the call is not answered as it just uses the a number presented by the gsm network to check against its list. and you don’t need to give each person another device to carry around to open the gate... their phone is all they need :cool:

Really cheap if you buy direct from China but available at Amazon and eBay though prices are all over the place.

https://www.amazon.com.au/King-Pigeon-RTU5024-Control-Sliding/dp/B07GB2L283

Probably get caught by the cops, using your phone trying to open your gate.... :D

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Probably get caught by the cops, using your phone trying to open your gate.... :D
There is that... but more an issue if you live on a busy road in the burbs than somewhere up ship creek...

Smitty

Reaction score
Members Ride
GenF SV340 R8 Tourer, VK race car, ZX12R

reason why I chose a system with a small (tiny compared to a matchbox) gate control

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
reason why I chose a system with a small (tiny compared to a matchbox) gate control
R8 like the VF does have voice control so you can press the button on tne steering wheel and just say “call open gate” :p then you’d not have to worry about being pinged;)
But each to their own :cool:

lmoengnr

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12.5 Maloo R8, MY12 Redline ute, Magnum 224
R8 like the VF does have voice control so you can press the button on tne steering wheel and just say “call open gate” :p then you’d not have to worry about being pinged;)
But each to their own :cool:

That silly bloody woman never gets anything right, probably dial 000 instead...

mpower

Reaction score
Members Ride
V2 CV8 Monaro and VF SSV Redline
That silly bloody woman never gets anything right, probably dial 000 instead...

long press and summon Google Assistant on Android for much more accurate SMS and calling :D