Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Vf Clubsport or Clubsport R8

bfhoon

Reaction score
Members Ride
vx commodore
G'day

Just wondering if anyone can tell me if VF 2013 Model build number 2 is a clubsport or a clubsport r8. I potentially could be able to purchase if owner is interested wondering if anyone can check on the hsv database i don't have an account. Also any other details about the vehicle would be appreciated. I'm assuming and this is a big assumption that since it was the 2nd car in the vf series to run through HSV all the motoring journos would have used it as a test car/thrash car? That doesn't worry me heaps would my assumptions be correct? Also would number 2 say in years to come be worth more because it number 2 or would higher number be worth more ie the last ones to run through the factory? Im guessing last ones.

Cheers

vywgn

Reaction score
Members Ride
1967 Holden HR Premier Wagon / 2015 VFII SV6 Sedan
Hsv never built them in number order, so it might have number 2 on the plate but could have been the 15th car assembled

panhead

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cars
G'day

Just wondering if anyone can tell me if VF 2013 Model build number 2 is a clubsport or a clubsport r8. I potentially could be able to purchase if owner is interested wondering if anyone can check on the hsv database i don't have an account. Also any other details about the vehicle would be appreciated. I'm assuming and this is a big assumption that since it was the 2nd car in the vf series to run through HSV all the motoring journos would have used it as a test car/thrash car? That doesn't worry me heaps would my assumptions be correct? Also would number 2 say in years to come be worth more because it number 2 or would higher number be worth more ie the last ones to run through the factory? Im guessing last ones.

Cheers

You'd need a VIN to check their data base.

Ask the owner as the ID plate will signify if it's an R8 or not.

redvxr8clubby

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Clubsport R8 & VE SS
Do the seats look like standard Holden seats or a HSV sports seat? The standard Holden seats are a giveaway to non R8, also the HSV build plate if it doesn't have R8 on it, it's not an R8.
Edit, just adding the Clubsport badge on the console will only have R8 if it's an R8.
Edit again, my VX R8 Clubby,the HSV build plate specifies R8, whereas non R8's build plate wouldn't have R8. The build numbers on the build plate are model specific, so for example my VXR8 is HSV build 161, but there would also be a non R8 also with build number 161. I assume that would be the case also for VF.

Last edited:

tml678

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 HSV30 Senator, 2002 Corolla..
Hsv never built them in number order, so it might have number 2 on the plate but could have been the 15th car assembled

Yep, my F2 Senator is also build number 2..but it rolled out of HSV on the last day of commodore based production - 29/12/17..so definitely not built in number order.

[paradox]

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 SSV-R
my F2 Senator is also build number 2..but it rolled out of HSV on the last day of commodore based production - 29/12/17
thats wack o_O
i could maybe understand on any given week they would be out.. assuming it takes a week to build one?
but for #2 to be built on the last day of production is just odd

tml678

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 HSV30 Senator, 2002 Corolla..
thats wack o_O
i could maybe understand on any given week they would be out.. assuming it takes a week to build one?

Not sure mate, but apparently it wasn't unusual. I don’t know why they didn’t pump them out in numbered order, but agree it’s odd.

(I’ve accidentally chopped off part of the 2 in the attachment when blacking out tag no.)

Attachments

• B550A151-84B2-478D-89E4-7AC5A315EFF2.jpeg
    B550A151-84B2-478D-89E4-7AC5A315EFF2.jpeg
    577.7 KB · Views: 407
Last edited:

lmoengnr

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12.5 Maloo R8, MY12 Redline ute, Magnum 224
thats wack o_O

That was just the HSV way of producing cars...