Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Steve7611

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS
Wondering if anyone has a pin out diagram for the VF cluster. The family just closed up shop for good and I’ve got a bunch of parts laying around. I have two SS and two Berlina clusters but can’t find a wiring diagram to try find the kms stored on them. I couldn’t find anything on the forums, but what was interesting is that I read there is a seperate module that stored the cars kms, so the cluster adjusts, wondering if that’s true?
cheers

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SS
Wondering if anyone has a pin out diagram for the VF cluster. The family just closed up shop for good and I’ve got a bunch of parts laying around. I have two SS and two Berlina clusters but can’t find a wiring diagram to try find the kms stored on them. I couldn’t find anything on the forums, but what was interesting is that I read there is a seperate module that stored the cars kms, so the cluster adjusts, wondering if that’s true?
cheers

It is true that mileage is not stored in the cluster. Not certain where though

stooge

Reaction score
Members Ride
Turbo Alpaca
to try find the kms stored on them.

the odometer reading stored on the cluster is only a "display" for when the cluster is switched on without an active canbus.
the reading on the cluster is immediately overwritten when an active canbus is introduced to the cluster so it does not matter what the reading is on the cluster as it will be overwritten by the vehicle on first run.

BlackVXGTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
GEN-F2 GTS A6, VS Clubsport 185 A4
Refer to the attached item from the Holden VF Workshop manual to expand on stooge's post above. Note the reference to SPS which I thought was being discontinued by GM soon (if not already). I must admit that I'm getting increasingly worried that there is a great deal of technology in our cars that may not be maintainable in the very near future.

Edit: Attached is the pinout information you requested.

1641200235997.png

Attachments

• VF P16 Instrument Cluster Connector.pdf
    181 KB · Views: 262
Last edited:

dassaur

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais V V8 Wagon
SPS is gone. I am yet to try 'techline' or whatever the replacement is called.
Will do it soon.

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
SPS is gone. I am yet to try 'techline' or whatever the replacement is called.
Will do it soon.
Tis2Web is being depreciated by GM which a few mechanics have complained about as it removes some features from what I’ve read… You can read about it in this gm-techlink article.

SPS via Tis2Web is being replaced by SPS2 within Techline Connect as mentioned in this diagnostic network article.

It‘s somewhat unclear whether Tis2Web has been depreciated for those living and working on their cars down under. Luckily it seem that VXdiag Nano has an unofficial solution that would allow the Nano to work with Techline Connect, so all shouldn’t be lost :rolleyes: See this Vxdiag blog spot article for details :p

RevNev

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SSV Redline Ute
the odometer reading stored on the cluster is only a "display" for when the cluster is switched on without an active canbus.
the reading on the cluster is immediately overwritten when an active canbus is introduced to the cluster so it does not matter what the reading is on the cluster as it will be overwritten by the vehicle on first run.
Yes, the actual odometer reading is stored in the BCM and requires a BCM and cluster VIN match to show the odometer reading.

stooge

Reaction score
Members Ride
Turbo Alpaca
Yes, the actual odometer reading is stored in the BCM and requires a BCM and cluster VIN match to show the odometer reading.

needs more dragons ;)