Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VF coilers from U.S

M01ST

Reaction score
Members Ride
15 VF SSV Redline, 02 VU SS Ute
hey guys just wondering if anyone has found any decent price coilovers from the states? And whether the chevy ss units are the same? Just bought a new ssv redline and dunno whether to go coilerovers or springs.
Cheers

waynebatt

Only milk should be 2L
Reaction score
Members Ride
2015 VF SV6 Storm Sportwagon
why do they need to be from the states??? plenty of options here in oz...

SnowDoggyDogg

2ltr? = Only milk & juice
Reaction score
Members Ride
Gen F GTS
King springs with bilstein shocks is the sweet spot on the value performance curve.

M01ST

Reaction score
Members Ride
chasing a cheaper but still decent quality option.

waynebatt

Only milk should be 2L
Reaction score
Members Ride
in terms of finding some made specifically for the VF, can't see how you'd have any better chance trying to source from overseas.... good luck. Ive got pedders coilovers which were $2400 fitted, but i know some other owners who have gotten XYZ ones for about $1600 and are happy with them.

chasing a cheaper but still decent quality option.

M01ST

Reaction score
Members Ride
was assuming the chevy ss would be pretty much the same.

waynebatt

Only milk should be 2L
Reaction score
Members Ride
Well yeah it is... My point though is that in America the Chevy ss is a low volume IMPORTED vehicle which probably doesn't get too many after market performance products designed/made for it. Meaning that your chances of finding something there are much smaller than here, where it's a high volume vehicle with a never ending list of companies making mods for them. And then even smaller chances of anything you do find being cheaper than some of the options already available here on your doorstep... If xyz coilovers fitted here for $1600 isn't a good enough deal for you then maybe coilovers aren't for you.

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
Maybe worth looking for Australian products imported from the USA?
Don't know if it's still the case, but SuperPro poly bushes (made in Brisbane) were less than half the price bought from the USA a decade back, and that includes shipping.

But also don't forget that our US cousins don't really get supple suspension; they want it hard as a rock before it can be considered 'performance', regardless of how much traction that might lose you on a real-world road.

hakhawk

smooth moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
BMW E21 320i, E36 "318IS" coupe
pays to account for exchange rate andf import duties for anything over $1000au aswell

M01ST

Reaction score
Members Ride
No worries was just asking. This is my first new car and I've never had coilovers before. Always driven around in bunky vu ss and vy ss skid pigs with second hand springs. Was wanting to do everything to the redline properly.