Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VF Collision and Exit.

J

Jingle Bells

Hi All,

Can anyone steer me in the right direction.....if you have a collision and the all the doors are locked electronically and the tabs are below the window sill level ....how do you exit the vehicle...I know that the doors are supposed to open when it senses a collision has taken place....but if the computer is damaged and fails to operate the door locks...and /or you cannot open the doors internally or externally....as it happened in America yesterday...they had to smash the window and drag the driver out ????????.....an interesting situation !

Well I suppose you can drive with all the doors unlocked....that is not a problem...but it leaves you with the prospect of a high jacking at the stop lights...and /or the super market in the big smoke and concrete jungle if you are a female driver ....which is becoming more common these days....I always operate the vehicle so that the first push on the key only operates the drivers door and then automatically locks when you turn the ignition on.

Reaction score
Members Ride
ya mum!
Lots of people up at the north pole to hijack you is there?

EYY

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Statesman
You seem to have some strange problems and theories about your cars. Maybe you should just drive them rather than imagining highly unlikely scenarios and doubting the manufacturers ability to produce a safe and reliable product.

XUV

Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV XUV & Raised Cross 8 Trayback
Do they really jack cars in the big smoke ? ( I havn't been there in years)

In Sth Africa, yes, and then you would have ' shoot to kill' or 'stand your ground' law on your side,

so you would need a handgun , so your question should be 'Recommend me a handgun' ............

AirStrike

Reaction score
Members Ride
91' VN SS
Do they really jack cars in the big smoke ? ( I havn't been there in years)

In Sth Africa, yes, and then you would have ' shoot to kill' or 'stand your ground' law on your side,

so you would need a handgun , so your question should be 'Recommend me a handgun' ............
.45 ACP for sure, proven man stopper and recoil is more of a push than a jab.

uniacidz

Harden the Frak Up
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
I think you reading too much into it.

Its designed to open the lock and they should be able to be manually lifted anyway like most modern cars.
Sometimes though, things dont always work, as car crashes can be quite intense.

If you are very worried, have one of these in the car.
Emergency-Life-Saving-Hammer-Seatbelt-Cutter-Safety-Tool

426Cuda

SUBLIME!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Redline Sedan - A6 Spitfire MSE...
The default position on the door locks would be unlocked I suspect. So if power is cut or the airbag/s trigger, the doors unlock mechanically. I'm not sure how they'd go in -30degC though?

colcha

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais V
If you pull the door lever on the inside whilst the door is locked, it will unlock the door.

veessv

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS, VE SSV
As colcha said You use the door handle to open the door and it unlocks and opens in the off chance you are knocked out well I guess you hope it unlocks when you have the accident and that someone is around to either open the door or smash a window to get you out

cashie

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS-V
If you pull the door lever on the inside whilst the door is locked, it will unlock the door.

Agreed, whats the issue? Car makers for years have featured auto unlocking of doors when pulling the interior door handle.. Doesn't the VF do this (haven't tested mine)..