Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VF commodore a/c preformance

barry49

Reaction score
Members Ride
vf international
Hi just wondering if anyone's had any issues with there VF a/c had vents on 23deg drivers was hot and passenger was cold, took to dealer who said a/c was low on gas they only reclaimed 100grams and then recharged with 450g of gas still takes ages for a/c to get cold. With only 100 grams of gas in system would a/c even work with low pressure sensors. I've read other posts who had similar problems can anyone tell me how there problem was rectified.

christov

RFFN RFFR
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Redline, BMW M4 Coupe, Harley V-Rod
Are you sure the two zone weren't set to different temperatures?

I haven't had that problem, however my rear vents only blow out hot air - no matter what the climatae control is set to!

barry49

Reaction score
Members Ride
vf international
Both where set to 23 degrees

jhsg

Reaction score
Do people use their air conditioner when wanting heat? I only ever turn it on when I want to cool the car.

Krustyone

Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 VFII SSV Redline
I have had the same issue.

To me it appears to be a software glitch.

I have turned off the HVAC system and turned it back on again for it to work ok again.

Krustyone

Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 VFII SSV Redline
Do people use their air conditioner when wanting heat? I only ever turn it on when I want to cool the car.
Yes. It removes moisture out of the air which is what is required when your front and side windows fog up.

Trewman

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV
Yes. It removes moisture out of the air which is what is required when your front and side windows fog up.

I never use the air con when I have the heater going (pretty much most of winter). I find if I keep my windscreen clean on the inside it never fogs up!

zappaboy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais V V6 Sportswagon, Motorsport Auto VE Ute
I have experienced the problems that members have mentioned. I have got around the issue by turning off the car and then restarting the car then the temperature control seems to work ok. Maybe the HVAC system is windows based :) just joking

RoganJosh

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden VF Calais V -V6
There is a software update for the VF HVAC I have been made aware by my dealer but I haven't had it done that goes back to 30/8/13 CODE 13-SU -02 airconditiong software update , HVAC software update 30/8/13 - I am now booked for early next week to have this update carried out