Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VF Commodore Air-con recall for leaking water

icon78

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Commodore International
Book my car in for the air-con recall as passenger side floor was soaked with water. Dealer has no parts in stock says they gotta order what a joke $2.50 (went to spare parts and priced grommet as i seen number on piece of paper) part and they cant even stock it as its a common problem with these so called Million Dollar designed cars. I find it a joke that parts gotta come from Melbourne to Qld and im without a car for the week as carpet has to be removed and dried as its a swimming pool from front to back. Dealer says you can still drive car but no a/c which made me even crankier!!!!!!!!!!!

Y

Yarsii

So you have a issue that hits the whole model range. Every dealer in Australia and New Zealand starts placing orders for a '$2.50 piece of rubber'

You really reckon that it's smart business wise to stock up X dealer and then look at sending whatever's left to Y dealer?
No point ranting and raving at the front counter, it's not the dealers fault. Go directly to Holden and kick up a stink.

Pull yourself together princess.

wot recession

call me wotman
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SV6 auto Ute.
My mates ssv got soaked in water.
I called the dealer about my sv6, they said they know nothing ?????????
Does anyone know the manufacture dates effected???????????

gossie

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE International 3.6L
I saw somewhere thousands of Commodore's were being recalled for a seat belt problem.........Anybody know what models??????

icon78

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Commodore International
Its a product recall for VF commodore dealers should be sent stock from Holden or they should take the initiative and order 50 grommets will cost them 50c each as there $2.50 retail why should i have to have car off the road for a week its 3 weeks old with 800km on it.

Y

Yarsii

These things happen. You can do 2884920100173&&492929727 Km's testing and the simplest faults will stop come up. It's **** but what can you do? Happens to every manufacturer.

Ordering 50 grommets? What happens if they only get 5 VF's come in for the recall? Yes it's only $2.50 but it's still gross mismanagement to over order.

Stop thinking about it from your point of view.

cashie

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS-V
Its a product recall for VF commodore dealers should be sent stock from Holden or they should take the initiative and order 50 grommets will cost them 50c each as there $2.50 retail why should i have to have car off the road for a week its 3 weeks old with 800km on it.

I don't think its a recall per-say, its a tech bulletin to replace the foam seal with a rubber one if it has been damaged during install. Not all cars are affected.