Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VF Commodore/Calais Chrome Door Lock Knobs and Handles

VFCalais2017

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais V6 MY17, VX Calais V6 2000
Hi everyone,

I purchased a new VF Calais V6 in Nitrate Silver 3 weeks ago. Extremely good deal for a 'demo' with 12kms and all accessories (towbar, mudflaps, weathershields, bootliner, headlamp protectors and floor mats thrown in).

I'm looking to change the door handles to chrome, the same as the Calais V. Does anyone know where I can get these? No one sells aftermarket handles with the passive entry buttons so I'm guessing I'll have to find second hand. Holden quoted over $700 new, unpainted at trade price!

I'm also looking to change the door lock knobs (interior) to chrome. Now, I must be going mad because I could have sworn I had seen these fitted to a VF model, either Calais or Caprice. I've checked with Holden spare parts and they don't have a listing for chrome lock knobs/buttons.

Hopefully someone can either put me on the right track with a part number, confirm my insanity or cure me of the desire for extra chrome :)

Cheers!

Chubba

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY17 SSV RDL
Hi everyone,

I purchased a new VF Calais V6 in Nitrate Silver 3 weeks ago. Extremely good deal for a 'demo' with 12kms and all accessories (towbar, mudflaps, weathershields, bootliner, headlamp protectors and floor mats thrown in).

I'm looking to change the door handles to chrome, the same as the Calais V. Does anyone know where I can get these? No one sells aftermarket handles with the passive entry buttons so I'm guessing I'll have to find second hand. Holden quoted over $700 new, unpainted at trade price!

I'm also looking to change the door lock knobs (interior) to chrome. Now, I must be going mad because I could have sworn I had seen these fitted to a VF model, either Calais or Caprice. I've checked with Holden spare parts and they don't have a listing for chrome lock knobs/buttons.

Hopefully someone can either put me on the right track with a part number, confirm my insanity or cure me of the desire for extra chrome :)

Cheers!

"I've checked with Holden spare parts and they don't have a listing for chrome lock knobs/buttons."

The chrome knobs are not listed as a separate part number but part of an assembly which includes a rod (which I presume goes to a lock actuator of some sort), Try these part numbers: 92282443 (front), 92282445 (rear). The chrome knobs will unscrew from the rods for a straight swap. Recently went through this process myself. Sorry cant help with the door handles. Nothing wrong with a bit of extra chrome. Good luck!!

Anthony121

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline MY17 & VF Director
"I've checked with Holden spare parts and they don't have a listing for chrome lock knobs/buttons."

The chrome knobs are not listed as a separate part number but part of an assembly which includes a rod (which I presume goes to a lock actuator of some sort), Try these part numbers: 92282443 (front), 92282445 (rear). The chrome knobs will unscrew from the rods for a straight swap. Recently went through this process myself. Sorry cant help with the door handles. Nothing wrong with a bit of extra chrome. Good luck!!

I've tried to order these and had no luck advising these are not stocked. Did you have any luck purchasing them?

Chubba

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY17 SSV RDL
I've tried to order these and had no luck advising these are not stocked. Did you have any luck purchasing them?

No problem recently purchasing them (those numbers are straight off the packet). If you had no luck with one dealer then suggest try another and then another until you get what you need. Some parts people know their way round the parts system very well and are extremely helpful then others may be less experienced or simply can not be arsed helping.....hit and miss.

Anthony121

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline MY17 & VF Director

AAAC

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 Motorsport
I cannot remember the exact price but they were about $15 each for front and $20 each for the rear. Too much for a bit of bling.

tml678

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 HSV30 Senator, 2002 Corolla..
The lock snibs are one thing about VF that I hate. They remind me of my old VB and VC from the 70's/80's.

Such a step backwards from the integrated ones of VE.

tml678

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 HSV30 Senator, 2002 Corolla..
Now, I must be going mad because I could have sworn I had seen these fitted to a VF model, either Calais or Caprice. I've checked with Holden spare parts and they don't have a listing for chrome lock knobs/buttons.

You aren't going mad mate, MY17 CalaisV has these as standard, and I daresay Caprice does too.

VFCalais2017

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais V6 MY17, VX Calais V6 2000
Hi everyone,

Thanks Chubba for the Holden part numbers. They were originally searching for door lock knobs. This time they nailed it! I ordered a full set yesterday morning. They're about $10.15 per actuator rod at trade price. I'm hoping that they're just a matter of unscrewing and screwing in the new ones. I've also asked them to check if there's a chrome collar/ferrule for the base as opposed to the black. I think this would look nicer.

Not sure if anyone else has done this too, but I've even added the CALAIS badges to the rear doors (something I think Holden should have included as standard on the VF 2). It identifies the car from the side the way all the models pre-VE were done. My Dad bought a new SV6 two weeks after I bought the Calais and even he has even done the same. This is my first brand new car. Prior to this I drove a 2000 VX Calais in Heron and before that, a 1971 HG Kingswood in Cinnamon Brown/Kashmir White, both still in top condition. So you can understand why I'm obsessed with the extra chrome bits :)

Getting back to the door handles, I really like the look of the chrome ones on the Calais V and SSV Redlines I've seen on the road. I had looked at the adhesive chrome covers and strips on eBay however no one is making these for the passive entry handles yet. I can buy second hand genuines but there's no guarantee as to the condition, plus they would also need to be resprayed in Nitrate Silver. I know a lot of people are replacing the chrome handles with painted on the SSV. If anyone knows of someone who has a set in Nitrate Silver/Chrome that they are removing, I would be interested in buying them.

Fitting a rear sunshade and bonnet protector this weekend. Can't think of anything else to accessorise the car with apart from the lip spoiler. Has anyone fitted one to a VF Calais? Does it suit the style of car or do you think this is more for the sports models?

I've got spats and venetians on the Kingswood... I might see if Holden can do a price for the VF...:)