Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VF Commodore Calais Rear Glass Antenna?

KrisHolden

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais V
Hi
It is my understanding the VE series has a diversity antenna which includes the roof antenna for the radio and an antenna that runs through the rear glass demister of the car.

Does anybody know if in the VF series this is also true?
I have just installed a metallic tint under advice from a reputable tinting company and immediately noticed interference with all my radio stations. I needed advice before I return to them who guaranteed no interference.

I am now worried if it needs to be replaced that they may break the rear demister. Would anybody know how to test the rear demister if it is now summer in case I need to test it if they replace it?

I currently am driving the VF Calais V

Thanks

Anthony121

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline MY17 & VF Director
I have a VF Calais too and I think the Diversity antenna is not there on the VF. I also had A VE Calais and the radio reception was much better because of the glass antenna.

KrisHolden

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais V
I have a VF Calais too and I think the Diversity antenna is not there on the VF. I also had A VE Calais and the radio reception was much better because of the glass antenna.

Thanks for your reply.
I contacted Holden and they confirmed the VF has no antenna in the rear screen. They said a metal tint may affect remote range only.
My antenna is terrible across most stations with better reception with my VZ
Ive got service to look into it.