Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VF Commodore "DOC" connector..

Discussion in 'VF Holden Commodore (2013 - 2017)' started by enginespeed, Dec 7, 2013.

1. Evil Mad Dog

Evil Mad Dog New Member

Members Ride:
    03 CV8R Monaro VY2 A4
    Well that ecm batt fuse is Def okay so must be something else. Double checked fuses behind the seat, all good.

Checked the right side dash fuses and.... Success. Finally found the Lil bugger. So much frustration.

Fuse 29. Batt Accy 15 amp.
    Car is a 2015 Holden Vf2 Ssv Ute incase there are differences.

_20180116_101208.JPG
    _20180116_101100.JPG

Hopefully that helps someone else too.

2. PhilWN

PhilWN New Member

Members Ride:
    WN Caprice
    Bought this connector today from Patterson Chenney - p/n 19167914 - special order plus 2 terminal leads 13575593 - all up $63. Unfortunately I can confirm the part is the 10 pin FEMALE socket that is already in the car !! It is NOT what we need to access the RAP. We need the male socket that plugs into 19167914. After more searching of the Holden parts system, no matching male connector could be found. So it looks like a splice is the only way to access RAP in my WN.

3. PhilWN

PhilWN New Member

Members Ride:
    WN Caprice
    Any other options to access RAP?

4. Evil Mad Dog

Evil Mad Dog New Member

Members Ride:
    03 CV8R Monaro VY2 A4
    Use small female spade terminals and plug onto pins directly as I and others have done.

Order the plug from the us, google the number.

Order a plug and fly lead from envyous customs.

Use a wire tap on the wires.

Get a fuse piggy back to get switched power from the fuse box from jaycar.

Remove some wire heat shield and tap the wires.

So a few options.

3rspecB likes this.
  5. Gmac 2.0

Gmac 2.0 Member

Members Ride:
    SSV-R Manual PBM Ute

Post #72 Member "Tazzl" ??

6. kirkc

kirkc New Member

Members Ride:
    VF2 SV6
    Adza README! I found you post incredibly helpful thank you - the ONLY info I could find anywhere for accessory power in VF2 boot. I would like to draw your attention to the fact that the fuse tap appears to be the wrong way around! They come with a diagram showing in and out and I double checked the supply etc with a multimeter. I can post a pic of the instructions if you like. The way you have it the extra circuit is NOT protected by the fuse.

Putting it in the right way was a bitch. I had to bend the plastic/wire from the tap upwards and then used hot glue and heathshrink to make sure it stays like that. Opposite handed taps would be the better option. Not sure if they're available tho. Jaycar only had the same as you've got.

Last edited: Nov 4, 2018
  7. Adza75

Adza75 Active Member

Members Ride:
    VFII SSV Redline
    Haha thanks kirkc, however no need to panic as I was aware that the circuit is not protected and it has it's own inline fuse. It also only activates a relay... the feed power that gets turned on through the relay is also fused and comes direct from the battery.

Good pick up.

8. tommy_z

tommy_z Active Member

Members Ride:
    VFII Director
    Does anyone know whether the DOC connector and the opening of the boot via the key have any relationship... my dashcam and Power Magic Pro are connected to the constant and earth pins of the DOC to allow parking mode. Every time the car is off and I open the boot using the key, the dash cam powers off. Have checked that this has nothing to do with the battery (remains at 14V and the PMP works again as normal once switched off then on again), and that this isn’t a fault of the PMP either (have tried 2 of them). Just frustrating that I might come back to the car wanting to load something in the boot then go for a walk again, then having to manually turn off the back on the dash cam when it should remain constantly powered... thanks!

9. Anthony121

Anthony121 Well-Known Member

Members Ride:
    VF SSV Redline MY17 & VF Director
    I would say it is going under the voltage selected in the Power Magic Pro. Mine does the same as the camera will be on but as soon as the doors open the camera stops. remember the car comes back alive when the remote is used and can cause the voltage to drop.

tommy_z likes this.
  10. tommy_z

tommy_z Active Member

Members Ride:
    VFII Director
    Bummer. It’s just that I have to make a mental note to manually turn off then on the PMP each time I am about to leave the vehicle again. Thanks for confirming!

You would have thought the battery voltage should have a minimum stable voltage... I recall with Century ones it’s 12.5 volts.

11. Philmecrackun

Philmecrackun Active Member

Members Ride:
    VFII Calais V 6.2L 1972 Ford Galaxie Wagon 400ci
    What voltages are people getting out of the pins 3 and 5, as my unit is not working and weird voltages on permanent power and aux power?

12. HighViz

HighViz New Member

Members Ride:
    2013 VF SS Redline
    Hey guys, i have a massive issue with my sound system which is getting to the point that i'm either going rip the entire sytem out and throw it in the bin or burn the car to the ground......it is doing my head in that bad!
    Ok my issue is, the previous owner had an amp, sub and replaced all the factory speakers with alpine splits and normal alpine speakers. Now ever since i brought it, the moment i turn my lights on or touch the brake, i get a humming noise through the speakers!
    I replaced the crossover unit as one of the channel volume dials broke, so i brought a PAC LOC PRO, installed it...same noise!
    I have since tried the 12v - on the body itself in numerous places, no change...moved the rcs leads away from the loom, no change!
    The guys from autobarn are scratching their heads trying to figure this out......I even just today/tonight took all the boot apart, took all the wiring ad ons for the stereo and the crossover box out, and started again. I wired it up to a diagram i got off here and yep, you guessed it...NOTHING!

Please tell me someone hear knows exactly what the problem i'm having and how to fix it?

13. scooter02

scooter02 Member

Members Ride:
    VF S2 SSV Redline ute
    Are you running any LED lamps in your tail lights or headlights? I have a problem in another vehicle that has interference with aftermarket LED tail lights, only on radio stations when the lights are on or when braking, sometimes when the indicators flash. I'm going to try some ferrite filters on the harness to the tail lights.

14. HighViz

HighViz New Member

Members Ride:
    2013 VF SS Redline
    No, all my lights are standard. I also forgot to say that i get the alternator wind when the car is started as well!

Could it possibly be the position in which whoever originally installed the crossover wires, they are just behind the original amp plugs?

15. tommy_z

tommy_z Active Member

Members Ride:
    VFII Director
    This is generally a good reason why I would stay away from modified cars, especially if they’re fiddling with the electronics and it wants you to burn the car to the ground. :oops:

Anyway, open up the lining on the right side of the boot (inside) to expose the amp and play with the connection to see if that eliminates the noise. There may a contact issue within the amp.

426Cuda likes this.
  16. HighViz

HighViz New Member

Members Ride:
    2013 VF SS Redline
    The standard amp is not in use anymore, it was replaced with a phoenix gold 5 channel and a 12 inch alpine type r sub!

I will not name the stereo shop that wired up all the speakers, amp, sub and crossover unit as they may not have known what would happen when the lights get turned on! They did run waaaaay to much speaker wire and the rca leads were about 3 times longer than needed but oh well!

What i have done is get the wiring diagram for the 3 plugs that go to the standard bose amp because they are what the crossover unit and speaker wires were spliced into!
    I gutted the bose amp and soldered each wire from the crossover unit and speaker wire to it's perspective pin on the 3 plugs on the female side, so nothing was spliced in anymore, and the plugs get used like it's the standard amp!
    Then i mounted the crossover unit in the bose amp, made a slot where the RCA leads and speaker wire had to come out
    and then mounted it in it's original place!
    Unfortunately it didn't eliminate the humming sound when the lights are on, but nothing else i tried did either! It has however
    made the humming nowhere near as loud, and has eliminated the alternator wind!
    It is now running 2 amps, and 1 12inch sub for now, until i can get another one the same or 2 different ones......but it thumps!

I am still trying to find out how to get rid of the humming so if anyone has a solution, please msg me.

Last edited: Dec 25, 2018