Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Vf commodore driver's seat. Ideas & solution ?

Bhp Steel

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
holden
Why will the driver's seat on my 2013 VF SV6 not slide as far back as the passenger's seat...is there provision for the base plate bolted to the floor to be relocated back wards...I am a tall bloke and I do not want my belt rubbing on the door side bolster of the seat every time I alight or enter the vehicle.....again I do not to want to look like a white leg horn (lady bowler) hunched up over the steering wheel and a bowling hat on the rear shelf.

Any one else noticed this phenomena with the VF...is this the go for some unknown reason...or is it a production fault...or can the base plate be relocated???????

</3

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vf ssv redline ute
Any one else noticed this phenomena with the VF...is this the go for some unknown reason...or is it a production fault...or can the base plate be relocated???????

Ute or sedan? Cause I just checked in my redline ute and they both go back the same amount

GH05T

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Ute
ute can only go back so far as there is a wall there

Bhp Steel

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
holden
Ute or sedan? Cause I just checked in my redline ute and they both go back the same amount

It is a sedan...I have an VE SV6 Ute also and they slide back the same amount....prior to the VF purchase I had a VY S Pack sedan and both front seats slid back the same amount.
If anyone can check their VF sedan....it would be appreciated.....Ghost I know there is a wall at the back of the seat ute but gives one ample space to alight and enter.

lky888

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Commodore SV6 Storm
hi i checked my 2014 vf sv6 storm sedan, and both the drivers seat and passengers seat slide back equally far without a problem.

maybe take it back to the dealer to get checked?

Bhp Steel

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
holden
hi i checked my 2014 vf sv6 storm sedan, and both the drivers seat and passengers seat slide back equally far without a problem.

Will have a look at the seats tomorrow......thanks for the info.

Bhp Steel

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
holden

I checked the difference between the drivers seat and passenger's seat this morning and there is a difference of 60mm ( 2.36 inches )...the driver's seat being 60mm forward of the passenger's seat in the fully slid back position...not all that good when you have long legs...will talk to GMH when due for service and see if there is an adjustment.

Also noticed from a recall of the seat a while ago..that there is a connector encapsulated in silver foil hanging loose under the driver's seat...on a phone call to the dealer...who said it was a repair to the electronic seat adjustment...but is just hanging loose...no problems with that so far...but will have it secured at the 9 month service....this is info for other purchaser's to check out.

Other than that....have not had any problems with the SV6...a great car and a credit to GMH.....there have been no modifications what so ever....keep your pride and joy neutral and it will last you into next century....hope fully!!!!!!!!!!

Noeleter

Reaction score
Members Ride
VEII Equipe Sportwagon
Why will the driver's seat on my 2013 VF SV6 not slide as far back as the passenger's seat...is there provision for the base plate bolted to the floor to be relocated back wards...I am a tall bloke and I do not want my belt rubbing on the door side bolster of the seat every time I alight or enter the vehicle.....again I do not to want to look like a white leg horn (lady bowler) hunched up over the steering wheel and a bowling hat on the rear shelf.

Might be a thong stuck under there mate of one type or another lol. Seriously I am 193 cm tall and the VE/ VF is the only car I need to put the seat forward. Although my wife's Suzuki Swift has about 5 times the headroom. I would take it back to Holden.

Bhp Steel

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
holden
I checked the difference between the drivers seat and passenger's seat this morning and there is a difference of 60mm ( 2.36 inches )...the driver's seat being 60mm forward of the passenger's seat in the fully slid back position...not all that good when you have long legs...will talk to GMH when due for service and see if there is an adjustment.

Also noticed from a recall of the seat a while ago..that there is a connector encapsulated in silver foil hanging loose under the driver's seat...on a phone call to the dealer...who said it was a repair to the electronic seat adjustment...but is just hanging loose...no problems with that so far...but will have it secured at the 9 month service....this is info for other purchaser's to check out.

Other than that....have not had any problems with the SV6...a great car and a credit to GMH.....there have been no modifications what so ever....keep your pride and joy neutral and it will last you into next century....hope fully!!!!!!!!!!

Here are some pictures of the connector hanging in mid air after the seat weld recall....I would think it should be secured underneath the seat as it has clips for securing but I cannot see what it would attach to.....can some body please advise me....as the car is not due for the 9 months service till march 2015....and it is a 2 hour drive to the dealer who sold the car to me...the connector slides back and forth with the seat movement...any one else with this problem...and the seat mechanism works fine...but worried about the connector cable earthing out....and boom!....the dealer is the nearest one to me....

Can send pickies to dealer...but as they all say...bring it in and we will look at it blah blah etc.etc.

The car is an VF SV6 Auto.....thanks if any body can add to this if any body can help.

Attachments

• IMG_2269.JPG
    IMG_2269.JPG
    67.4 KB · Views: 516
  • IMG_2267.JPG
    IMG_2267.JPG
    97.7 KB · Views: 729