Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VF Commodore fixes ( Take note GMH. )

SavVYute

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY S V6 Ute Series II 2004
Sabbath....what do you expect for a fixed price service....my son worked in a holden dealership when the VT commodores were the car of the day....if they could not fix a part they would raid the second hand cars on the lot and exchange the part and rip the customer off for a brand new part.....Grrrrrrrrrrr.

Well that's better than swapping the part with another customer's car..........

Davison

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY16
Only one issue for me. With the autos, when you move the shifter into the tiptronic gate, the entire centre cluster screen flashes up with the sports mode message for a number of seconds. In that time, you have no idea what gear you're in as the sports mode message consumes the entire screen. So if you're attempting to do a quick downshift (ie, to engine brake) you need to wait for the message to piss off before you know for certain what gear it's in, so you can flick the shifter the correct amount of times without being worried you'll accidentally grab first at ~60 kays and bounce off the limiter. Same goes with enthusiastic driving, let's say you want second gear suddenly, you throw it into the tiptronic gate but have no idea for the next few seconds whether the box is in 4th or 5th, do you shift down twice or 3 times? Get it wrong and you may end up with too high a gear or at redline in too low a gear. May seem small but it annoys me greatly.

The Falcon's sports mode message comes up in the centre of the screen without consuming the rest of the information around it, so as soon as you're in the tiptronic gate you know exactly what gear you're in, instead of waiting 3-4 seconds before knowing.

Otherwise car is perfect.

J

Jingle Bells

Corhijasna.....I understand your feelings.....but....but....all these lunatics want to do is annoy the general public with their exhausts screaming and boom boxes blowing the back end off the car....now if you really want to do something exciting....you cannot do it with the modern day car....you can put a spark plug in the exhaust and tweek the carby so that some of the fuel does not ignite and have a switch on the dash and ignite the spark plug....it was better than St. George and the Dragon...and a loud explosion when you turned the switch off.....a real flame thrower and plenty of attention from the general public.....Hunter St..Newcastle on a Saturday night was the go....until well you know got banned by the NSW Police...I became more discreet and prowled the suburbs and terrorised them..

hakhawk

smooth moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
BMW E21 320i, E36 "318IS" coupe
Corhijasna.....I understand your feelings.....but....but....all these lunatics want to do is annoy the general public with their exhausts screaming and boom boxes blowing the back end off the car....now if you really want to do something exciting....you cannot do it with the modern day car....you can put a spark plug in the exhaust and tweek the carby so that some of the fuel does not ignite and have a switch on the dash and ignite the spark plug....it was better than St. George and the Dragon...and a loud explosion when you turned the switch off.....a real flame thrower and plenty of attention from the general public.....Hunter St..Newcastle on a Saturday night was the go....until well you know got banned by the NSW Police...I became more discreet and prowled the suburbs and terrorised them..

user6133_pic34477_1326494238.jpg

cashie

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS-V
Does anyone else have the "issue" when you pull the wiper stalk to clean the windscreen the wipers almost do a full sweep on the dry/dirty windscreen before the washers kick in?

Only one issue for me. With the autos, when you move the shifter into the tiptronic gate, the entire centre cluster screen flashes up with the sports mode message for a number of seconds. In that time, you have no idea what gear you're in as the sports mode message consumes the entire screen. So if you're attempting to do a quick downshift (ie, to engine brake) you need to wait for the message to piss off before you know for certain what gear it's in, so you can flick the shifter the correct amount of times without being worried you'll accidentally grab first at ~60 kays and bounce off the limiter. Same goes with enthusiastic driving, let's say you want second gear suddenly, you throw it into the tiptronic gate but have no idea for the next few seconds whether the box is in 4th or 5th, do you shift down twice or 3 times? Get it wrong and you may end up with too high a gear or at redline in too low a gear. May seem small but it annoys me greatly.

The Falcon's sports mode message comes up in the centre of the screen without consuming the rest of the information around it, so as soon as you're in the tiptronic gate you know exactly what gear you're in, instead of waiting 3-4 seconds before knowing.

Otherwise car is perfect.

I have noticed this too, but you can;t ping the redline on downshift, doesn't it refuse downshifts in these situations (mine does).

Sabbath'

Redblock Jesus
Reaction score
Members Ride
80 Series// VFII Black Edition
Does anyone else have the "issue" when you pull the wiper stalk to clean the windscreen the wipers almost do a full sweep on the dry/dirty windscreen before the washers kick in?

I have noticed this too, but you can;t ping the redline on downshift, doesn't it refuse downshifts in these situations (mine does).
Use this thread for issue talk. Dont need 100 different threads popping up on the same topic.
https://forums.justcommodores.com.au/threads/vf-holden-commodore-issues-faults.219460

You cant force downshifts, it's the good thing about an intelligent Auto. And to downshift, in the time it takes you to reach across and put it into "sports" mode and then flick through the gears, if you'd planted your foot, the auto would do this for you.

If you wanted control, should have bought a manual. (More targetted at Davison)

Davison

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY16

I'm referring to situations where you're travelling around 55-60km/h and it will allow the downshift into 1st, but the engine will be screaming right near redline when it does.

You cant force downshifts, it's the good thing about an intelligent Auto. And to downshift, in the time it takes you to reach across and put it into "sports" mode and then flick through the gears, if you'd planted your foot, the auto would do this for you.

If you wanted control, should have bought a manual. (More targetted at Davison)

Manuals have wimpy tow rating, couldn't do it unfortunately. The auto has plenty of control, tiptronic gate is very responsive unlike previous models, I just prefer if there wasn't such an intrusive message on the screen when moving into the gate. Planting the foot isn't appropriate for a lot of situations. Sometimes you want a specific gear very quickly for whatever reason, whether you're exiting a corner and want immediate punch in a certain gear, not always the lowest possible like auto would select (plus auto mode takes a second or so to react to your foot sometimes) or you want to quickly engine brake (unfortunately they aren't tuned to automatically engine brake like some other autos on the market). Small gripe but something that could be easily fixed- for instance Ford's messages come up in the centre but the gear selection in the bottom left box never disappears- http://www.caradvice.com.au/thumb/770/382/wp-content/uploads/2009/01/image45168_b.jpg

Y.B.SHY

Reaction score
Members Ride
GEN-F GTS
I'm referring to situations where you're travelling around 55-60km/h and it will allow the downshift into 1st, but the engine will be screaming right near redline when it does.

Manuals have wimpy tow rating, couldn't do it unfortunately. The auto has plenty of control, tiptronic gate is very responsive unlike previous models, I just prefer if there wasn't such an intrusive message on the screen when moving into the gate. Planting the foot isn't appropriate for a lot of situations. Sometimes you want a specific gear very quickly for whatever reason, whether you're exiting a corner and want immediate punch in a certain gear, not always the lowest possible like auto would select (plus auto mode takes a second or so to react to your foot sometimes) or you want to quickly engine brake (unfortunately they aren't tuned to automatically engine brake like some other autos on the market). Small gripe but something that could be easily fixed- for instance Ford's messages come up in the centre but the gear selection in the bottom left box never disappears- http://www.caradvice.com.au/thumb/770/382/wp-content/uploads/2009/01/image45168_b.jpg

Perhaps you should have bought a model with HUD as this only shows the selected gear and not the notification message your complaint about - just saying :)

RooiLyn

Reaction score
Members Ride
Gen F-2 Senator Signature
Perhaps you should have bought a model with HUD as this only shows the selected gear and not the notification message your complaint about - just saying :)

Or he could simply click on the end of the indicator stalk to clear the notification message. I'm just sayin' too.