Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VF Commodore fixes ( Take note GMH. )

Y

Yarsii

Sab, they do leave puddles of water on the floor from the A/C :embarrass

426Cuda

SUBLIME!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Redline Sedan - A6 Spitfire MSE...
That's a new trick on me will have to try
it.

Davison

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY16
Perhaps you should have bought a model with HUD as this only shows the selected gear and not the notification message your complaint about - just saying :)

Ahead of you on that one, our '14 R8 (manual) arrives in a couple of weeks, maybe I'll rip the HUD out of it ;)

426Cuda

SUBLIME!
Reaction score
Members Ride
Or he could simply click on the end of the indicator stalk to clear the notification message. I'm just sayin' too.

Works a treat. Instant. HUD - awesome.

Jusayin'

Jesterarts

Your freedom ends where mine begins
Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 Nissan X-Trail ST-L
In summary; grumpy old guy (or troll) who I imagine curses "young whipper snappers" doesn't trust Holden and spends time checking up on how Holden services his car, has a conspiracy theory about those sly Holden mechanics since the VT and complains about the designs. Then proceeds to buy another Holden and service it at the dealership.

Has that about summed it up?

I have two tips:

1. If you don't like/trust a brand, don't buy their product.
2. If you can service your car, I am assuming this is the case given you check if holden does it "properly", then service it yourself.

Regards.

J.

DanielSS-V

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS-V Redline
Sorry Jingle Bells but if Holden ever took up your suggestion to put a handle on the outside of my VF, my first and only thought would be to tell the service manager, to get the bloody thing off the car and fix the damage.

As for the rest of the issues you are having I haven't experienced any of them on my VF, nor have I thought anything like them was a priority fix for the VF model. I think it was a bit presumptuous of you to think your thoughts on the VF were a reflection of all VF owners. Perhaps your thread title should have been better worded as your thoughts on the ownership and not some grand proclamation to Holden that they must obey.

Please understand I'm no Holden apologist, the VF is my first Holden in thirty years of motoring, but you seem to be taking some trivial issues you have with operating your vehicle (water issue aside) and thinking we all feel that way.

zappaboy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais V V6 Sportswagon, Motorsport Auto VE Ute
small gripe on the V6 auto is that the auto does not slow down the car unless you put in second. This is the first auto I have had that has not done this. This feature is useful going down hills like Mt Ousley near Wollongong to save your brakes.

426Cuda

SUBLIME!
Reaction score
Members Ride
small gripe on the V6 auto is that the auto does not slow down the car unless you put in second. This is the first auto I have had that has not done this. This feature is useful going down hills like Mt Ousley near Wollongong to save your brakes.

Helps give great fuel economy though!
If you touch the break without slowing the car too much, then take your foot off the brake, the tranny wills tart to decelerate the engine.

J

Jingle Bells

VF commodore fuel gauge.....
Another gripe...in my day everything went from left to right and top to bottom...on all previous commodores the fuel gauge went from left ( full ) to right ( empty ) or from top ( full ) to bottom ( empty )....now on the VF the fuel gauge goes from left ( empty ) to right ( full )....am I crazy or is it set up for left hand drive for the yanks...and before all you whipper snippers with the VF SS and the SSV have a go ( I take it you all live in fantasy land and really do not own the cars you purport to drive and all are on the never never ) at least I own the VF SV6 I drive and therefore I can speak with authority.