Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VF Commodore has arrived

Discussion in 'VF Holden Commodore (2013 - 2017)' started by Benboy, Jun 17, 2013.

1. Benboy

Benboy Well-Known Member

Members Ride:
    2007 SVZ Wagon
  2. commodore665

commodore665 expat Saffa

Members Ride:
    2005 SV6 & Alfa Romeo 156 V6
  3. PIR4TE

PIR4TE Banned

Members Ride:
    Black Pearl
    Wow. Amazing technology, seriously good interior update.

4. Kiddo

Kiddo You're serious bro?!

Members Ride:
    Mitsubishi Colt
    Aussieakito works for Holden, and has been playing around with them for a good month or so.

Seems the interior is horrible and cheap feeling. To the point where the gear lever feels bendy and weak!

5. PIR4TE

PIR4TE Banned

Members Ride:
    Black Pearl
    That's what a lot of people said before I bought the VE. Depends what you compare it to I guess, looks fantastic.
    Redesigned
    Refined
    Remarkable

6. PIR4TE

PIR4TE Banned

Members Ride:
    Black Pearl
    5mm thicker window glass, :spot on:

7. mpower

mpower Well-Known Member

Members Ride:
    V2 CV8 Monaro and VF SSV Redline
  8. Reaper

Reaper Tells it like it is.

Members Ride:
    RG Z71 Colorado, VZ LX8 Adventra, VP SS
    Don't know what model he was inside - I had a good look at a SSV on Friday and had the impression exactly the opposite. Have you seen it in person yourself???

9. davey g-force

davey g-force I'm a sceptic...

Members Ride:
    02 RX7 S8 Spirit R 13B TT & 2013 Audi A3 1.8T DSG7
    I was looking at this earlier today.

Priced up an SV6 (potential second car), manual, white for a touch over $40K drive away! That's a base SV6, no options, no premium paint, manual.

So much for the $10K price reduction...

(I know it isn't $10K reduction for every model, but still...)

10. Troy711

Troy711 Retired Old Fart Staff Member

Members Ride:
    2011 Mitsubishi Pajero GLS
    I might actually go into a stealership and fake interest in buying one just to take one for a test drive to see what all these dardy gadgets are like.

11. Sabbath'

Sabbath' Redblock Jesus

Members Ride:
    80 Series// MK5 GTi//
    Wonder how many people will have the same idea ;)

12. dan073

dan073 New Member

Members Ride:
    VX Executive Wagon
    Drove a SV6 ute last week. Sorry i cant give much feedback or compare it to a VE as i never driven a VE. It had already done 13,800 odd k's but still felt like a new car for the stuff it had been put through. Probably the most obvious thing i noticed it not having was the lights in the sun visor above your head for reading. Was an awesome car to drive though, just awesome... for someone who hasn't driven a VE, VZ, VY btw...

13. Phantom

Phantom New Member

Members Ride:
    2011 SV6 Sportwagon series 2 and a VY exec 2
    Does Holden really think that we will forget all the "common"/"known" issues that we all grew to love in the VE?
    I can only imagine what issues this "new" puppy will bring with it.
    FFS I wonder how much oil these engines will burn, acceptably. what a farkin joke, oh well I suppose if it looks noice and has gadgets some people will be suckered in. The problem is all this fandangled technology and no one able to fix em. I mean the Holden stealership techs cant fix nothing apart from a wheel alignment or do an oil change, and they can fark that up as well. lol.
    Good luck to all the potential new owners, when you need to fix something, or when you get the ol error codes come up. I wonder how many trips to the stealer you will need to do to get issues fixed.
    hahahahahaha Fark you Holden and your farked up vehicles

14. PIR4TE

PIR4TE Banned

Members Ride:
    Black Pearl
    Good Morning to you to!!
    Lets assume Holden has had a chance to fix those niggling issues.
    I'm digging this new car feeling and excitement, trying to organise a test drive of some Gen-F and hatch a plan / ruse for the Minister of Domestic Finance before June 30.
    Cheer up FFS, you know what they say...
    http://youtu.be/jHPOzQzk9Qo

15. Kiddo

Kiddo You're serious bro?!

Members Ride:
    Mitsubishi Colt
    Nope, still haven't seen one myself (Apart from on the back of a car carrier yesterday)

16. Phantom

Phantom New Member

Members Ride:
    I will be cheering once I get rid of my VE.
    Biggest mistake I made.
    Fark you Holden and your stupid engineers.
    WTF where you guys smokin when you designed the latest and greatest POS's.
    Cars are supposed to be used and be able to take a bit of abuse, and built rock solid, now days, you have to maintain them more, they are a prick to work on and do not even think about taking them off a tar road, WTF?
    The amount of new engines required to be replaced is an abomination, cast your minds back to the ol days, how many engines did you hear of being replaced?
    FFS how can a new engine built and designed in these times be so farked up. An engine should be rock solid, and if you maintain it, should see you through the life of the car. Maybe thats the problem, Holden think we all buy new cars every 3 years. FFS, build them right, then you wont go out of business and need to shut up shop, like FORD. Aussies are built tough, so should their cars be built tough by an aussie car manufacturer. Then we would not need to look at cheap china imports such as KIA, Great Wall etc etc. Holden, will you farken listen to your customers and do things right, who cares what the rest of the world car manufacturers do, just build us tough cars they do not fail and have legendary reliability, thats what will sell your cars, thats what will keep you in business.

17. PIR4TE

PIR4TE Banned

Members Ride:
    Black Pearl
    So this is about your ex-demo second hand LLT that very likely had its rings chewed with unthinkable abuse as a baby, which you now cane the arse off in sports mode "like its stolen", and basically take issue with the fact it's drinking the cheap non-synthetic oil?
    Wasn't that fixed with synthetic and the LFX - no complaints with MY12?
    The engine is a beast, likes good oil.
    FFS man you've whinged and whined and screamed at most people here about how bad your life is and the whole evil Holden conspiracy after buying a lemon (and using the incorrect oil).
    Cheer up, my first car 'new' car was a TR7! An ex showroom demo too!!

Last edited: Jun 18, 2013
  18. Phantom

Phantom New Member

Members Ride:
    Yep its just me. Only me, poor me.
    I say it how it is, thats all. I have asked others at my work with the same engine, most dont even check there oil, but when they did, guess what, ohh mate you are right, my dipstick has no oil on it, or oh man my oil level is low. Yeah man it is just me. Only me, poor me.
    I am happy you are happy with your car. Cool man.
    But I have never owned a car that has used so much oil, I maintain them very well, no expenses spared. If the LLT's do by design burn oil and that is what they are supposed to do, then thats great, but no one has said that and as I said, still no response from Holden on my oil consumption results??? So I ask, what would you do if you where in my position? I would really like to know.

19. Reaper

Reaper Tells it like it is.

Members Ride:
    RG Z71 Colorado, VZ LX8 Adventra, VP SS
    Ahhh the good ol' days.... Cars were built so tough.... When 100,000km on a motor was a worry because it often needed a rebuild shortly there after. Bodies as loose as a cock in a sock, panel gaps that were measured in 1/4 of an inch or more and varied by as much. I could go on.

Seriously, by *any* objective measure, cars built in the last 10 years are far far far more reliable per 100,000km travelled than at any prior time in history.

Further, every manufacturer wished we bought new cars every 3 years but know it's not the case. One of Holden's problems (largely not of their own making however) is the VE is now 7 years old, largely unchanged visually which is a huge problem in the market place. Many reps and execs are on their 3rd or 4th (some even more), heck I'm on my 3rd and most of these regular buyers of new cars are completely and utterly bored of looking at the same dash for so long.

TBH I'm not sure what most of the knockers actually want. It's real easy for somebody to lob up with a design and have the peanut gallery pick **** out of it. Very few seem to have any constructive suggestions how the product can be improved, keeping in mind it has to be ADR compliant and still profitable for the manufacturer.

I don't know why that we seem happy to sink the boot into GM (and Ford) whilst lauding the likes of VW considering their deplorable actions over safety recalls over issues that have killed people. Lets not get started on Toyota :s

20. PIR4TE

PIR4TE Banned

Members Ride:
    Black Pearl
    If i were a Phantom Pirate: Use synthetic meantime, bite the bullet and sell it while you have the chance but don't tell the Missus.
    Look for a wood duck numbnut selling his fleet car or gran's gift car on ebay or CarSales, selling what *appears to be* the same depreciating outgoing model (but is MY12 SIDI with the LFX), and coordinate it so one goes out the driveway as the other comes in.
    Then I'd book it in for the amazing new cam that's recently developed for the new v6 Camaro and the drive it like its stolen / cane the arse off meantime to understand the new motor so as to appreciate the difference when it comes back from shop with OTR, VVT cam, and the header mod.
    Take the Missus for a drive and tell her you finally fixed the problem and it only cost [INSERT ARBITARY $$ HERE], and that you are happy and not being a grumpy bastard anymore. And give her a quick pash in a remote, romantic location (ahoy!)