Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VF Commodore has arrived

Phantom

Reaction score
Members Ride
2011 SV6 Sportwagon series 2 and a VY exec 2
If i were a Phantom Pirate: Use synthetic meantime, bite the bullet and sell it while you have the chance but don't tell the Missus.
Look for a wood duck numbnut selling his fleet car or gran's gift car on ebay or CarSales, selling what *appears to be* the same depreciating outgoing model (but is MY12 SIDI with the LFX), and coordinate it so one goes out the driveway as the other comes in.
Then I'd book it in for the amazing new cam that's recently developed for the new v6 Camaro and the drive it like its stolen / cane the arse off meantime to understand the new motor so as to appreciate the difference when it comes back from shop with OTR, VVT cam, and the header mod.
Take the Missus for a drive and tell her you finally fixed the problem and it only cost [INSERT ARBITARY $$ HERE], and that you are happy and not being a grumpy bastard anymore. And give her a quick pash in a remote, romantic location (ahoy!)

Oh yes words of wisdom eh? sell it?
LOL

mpower

Reaction score
Members Ride
V2 CV8 Monaro and VF SSV Redline
Yes, get rid of the sheetheap, get the Holden you want and deserve, get your end away and Zip It.

reckon he might already have the one he deserves with the way it's been treated. ;)

SO how 'bout that VF ey?

PIR4TE

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
Black Pearl
Yes would be a better drive than the VE on paper, will pop the hood and check on the new steering setup too.
Everyone's carrying on as if its a radical R2D2 servo motor, when everything I've read says the accessory serpentine drive is simply replaced by an electric motor.
Still works the same hydraulic pump but by being electric is somehow better integrated to the ECU, for park assist and swerving to avoid hazards and I think also incorporates speed sensitive steering.
I could imagine the venerable 6.0 litre in Park Assist with OTR and full system pressurising the steering pump accurately and repeatedly with mmm... mang! while onlookers go out of their way give you the lil dick sign iIII/
Raison d'être for the big change was $$ of course, to incorporate Stop / Start running but have (sorta) canned it from what I gather because people said no to more capital outlay to score the miserly incremental fuel savings.

Last edited:

spikeyboi

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs calais supercharged
Found a new vf ss for sale on gumtree for sale just now