Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VF Commodore HID Kits

callan91

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE omega 3.0L Series 2
Nightshift in the middle of the outback at work lol.

kingyinperth

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE 2012 Heron SS Thunder Ute M6
Insomnia here ..but also in the middle of fkn nowhere...:p

callan91

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE omega 3.0L Series 2
Btw I will probably end up purchasing the clubby. If I buy the redline I will end up spending thousands trying to get it to look like a clubby lol

VFSSVUTE

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Commodore Ute
Got my HIDs in last night and they look great. Its good to finally have bright light again. I didnt even need to adjust mine as they were in the sample place as my halogens were. so dont get in peoples mirrors etc. but they are bloody bright.

lacks creativity

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SV6 Manual
Got my HIDs in last night and they look great. Its good to finally have bright light again. I didnt even need to adjust mine as they were in the sample place as my halogens were. so dont get in peoples mirrors etc. but they are bloody bright.

Very nice! what bulbs did you go with? did you have fun getting the back of the headlight?

VFSSVUTE

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Commodore Ute
I just went with the 6000k bulbs nice and bright. No adjustment to height on the beam which was good. I just took the tyre off much easier and added hardly anymore time on.

Evo201

Reaction score
Members Ride
GenF R8
Ok, I have completed the HID install, it was painful and annoying

First you will need to rotate your wheels so you can access the torx screws
O8wXuc3.jpg

Then you will need to remove these, there are 5 you need to remove, this will allow you to move the inner liner back, dont worry they bend
URJMaZP.jpg

oN7HFEQ.jpg

Then the tricky part begins you will need to reach up inside and remove the back dust covers, then disconnect the power, unclip the metal clamp and remove the bulb, you can barely see a single thing when doing this so its a lot of feeling around.
HXxa4SD.jpg

once you have done that you can then plug the HID ballast into the power, once this is completed it best to plug the bulb in while hanging outside the headlight to test, if it doesn't turn on the first time don't panic, reverse the plug for power and it should come on, it should look like this.
CDYV5rr.jpg

Once you are happy, tuck the cables in the headlight housing and screw on the ballast which replaces the old dust cover.
1KJwWcJ.jpg

Repeat the process for the other side and done :)

p9VIIln.jpg

ajg5JaC.jpg

Also keep in mind you might get pinned by the police for these, for me I dont drive a great deal at night so I am happy to run the risk

Hey thanks for this, was having hell doing the drivers side of my install.
I have just finished installing the hi and lo beams with the can bus adaptor, total cost was under $400 and all fit inside the body of the head light so original dust caps back in place. With out the can bus adaptor they cut in and out.
Lights are brilliant.
With mine I removed the drivers side wheel gave plenty of room to work. For hi beam I just popped out the radiator filler neck, and the air box on passenger side took under an hour and here is a tip for the guys doing it at home, when you take the wheel off, take the factory jack/ tools out, flip the box and there is the torx key you need.
Needed a
7mm socket 3/8 drive
10mm socket and the jack and it was done.
Will post pics in a sec

GH05T

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Ute
does anyone know what bulbs would be needed to make the foglamps and or highbeams match (or get close to) the 6000k colour output of the xennons, still using hallogens bulbs.

GH05T

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Ute
yeah my boss got the phillips halogens, very good for 1/2 the price of the xenons but i have to say the light output is just not the same