Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VF Commodore HID Kits

Greeny06

Reaction score
Members Ride
2014 Calais wagon
I'm having the same issue with my left low beam. Can't work it out, the supplier reckons its in upside down, but it can only go in one way. I'm just about ready to bin them and go back to bulbs

Adza75

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII SSV Redline
Yes. Right side is brighter than left. Also the light focus on the left hand side. Car infront of me dont have any problem but car in the left lane get annoyed.

The kick up to the left is pretty standard... you can see it on mine with the original globes in it. I imagine that with HIDs that kick up becomes very bright, hence the annoyed left lane car.

ccfree1018

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Commodore
Just bought LED Bulb for Low and High beam.Instant on, looks great, drive passed many police car without pulled me over.

Humphrey

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 2016 Redline...its here, and I love it !
LED bulbs.....where from and how much ccfree1018 ??

ccfree1018

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Commodore
OPT7 from USA. total cost me $370 includes shipping. PS how do I upload photos!?

ccfree1018

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Commodore
When I put my LED on I had same problem ,but after I rotate the bulb the edge comes perfect.

Humphrey

Reaction score
Members Ride
Love to see some pics

Humphrey

Reaction score
Members Ride
OPT7 from USA. total cost me $370 includes shipping. PS how do I upload photos!?

Can you paste pics in the reply box ??
Is the light output much better than the original globes ?

JivRedline

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE II Berlina, MY17 VF II SSV Redline
Ok, I have completed the HID install, it was painful and annoying

First you will need to rotate your wheels so you can access the torx screws
O8wXuc3.jpg

Then you will need to remove these, there are 5 you need to remove, this will allow you to move the inner liner back, dont worry they bend
URJMaZP.jpg

oN7HFEQ.jpg

Then the tricky part begins you will need to reach up inside and remove the back dust covers, then disconnect the power, unclip the metal clamp and remove the bulb, you can barely see a single thing when doing this so its a lot of feeling around.
HXxa4SD.jpg

once you have done that you can then plug the HID ballast into the power, once this is completed it best to plug the bulb in while hanging outside the headlight to test, if it doesn't turn on the first time don't panic, reverse the plug for power and it should come on, it should look like this.
CDYV5rr.jpg

Once you are happy, tuck the cables in the headlight housing and screw on the ballast which replaces the old dust cover.
1KJwWcJ.jpg

Repeat the process for the other side and done :)

p9VIIln.jpg

ajg5JaC.jpg

Also keep in mind you might get pinned by the police for these, for me I dont drive a great deal at night so I am happy to run the risk

Hi there, I was just wondering how these HID lights are holding up? Did you encounter any issues with them?
Thanks