Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VF Commodore HID Kits

VFSSVUTE

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Commodore Ute
Hey guys,

Just wondering if anyone has installed HID kit in there VF Commodores yet. If so are they the all in one with internal ballasts or do they external ballasts?

jasonjea

Reaction score
Website
www.aus-chat.com
Members Ride
VF Commodore SV6 UTE
Cant wait to see. Im ordering one now.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Tenpinrob

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline
Looks good, like the idea of no external ballasts. I think I will wait it April and do the high beam at the same time, getting to them looks painful

PIR4TE

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
Black Pearl
I have the exact same units in 5000k, don't get 6000k is too blue, makes car stand out to police and you will eventually get busted as I did.
Of course these are all illegal, will void your insurance and third party blah blah, so make some enquiries about 5000k (max white light slight blue/greenish on startup) or 4300k (typical headlight whitish slight yellow), same vision and benefits.
yme9eqe3.jpg

Never put in lens without projector, you will need to adjust your beams, you will void all insurance cover at night.

VFSSVUTE

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Commodore Ute
They look pretty good. will order a pair of them. does anyone no what type globes the indicators and park lughts are because il get some led oned to suit the hids

VFSSVUTE

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Commodore Ute
Have any of you guys received and installed your hids yet? how are they

VFSSVUTE

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Commodore Ute
i know they will be illegal. but i would still like to see how they are

lacks creativity

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SV6 Manual
Ok, I have completed the HID install, it was painful and annoying

First you will need to rotate your wheels so you can access the torx screws
O8wXuc3.jpg

Then you will need to remove these, there are 5 you need to remove, this will allow you to move the inner liner back, dont worry they bend
URJMaZP.jpg

oN7HFEQ.jpg

Then the tricky part begins you will need to reach up inside and remove the back dust covers, then disconnect the power, unclip the metal clamp and remove the bulb, you can barely see a single thing when doing this so its a lot of feeling around.
HXxa4SD.jpg

once you have done that you can then plug the HID ballast into the power, once this is completed it best to plug the bulb in while hanging outside the headlight to test, if it doesn't turn on the first time don't panic, reverse the plug for power and it should come on, it should look like this.
CDYV5rr.jpg

Once you are happy, tuck the cables in the headlight housing and screw on the ballast which replaces the old dust cover.
1KJwWcJ.jpg

Repeat the process for the other side and done :)

p9VIIln.jpg

ajg5JaC.jpg

Also keep in mind you might get pinned by the police for these, for me I dont drive a great deal at night so I am happy to run the risk

Last edited: