Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VF Commodore HID Kits

KING46Calais V

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 VFII Calais V 6.2L Sed
Im really happy with them.
I don't appear to have any shadows and there is significant improvement over the stock halogens I think.
Its a much more even light and consistent across the beam. There is also a much more defined "kick" on the left side which I like as it lights up the side of the road.
Ive got a pretty crappy pic of them on close up. Leave it with me to get a few more out on the road.
Here are some pics of hi and low beam
Awesome, thanks mate!
There you go, should be able to work out high and low beam. Neither shot has the fogs on either.
just for reference, see the cars are close in the low beam shot, the how far away they are in the high beam shot. I had to do that you give you an indication of distance. And they were still lighting up the end of the street no prob

Attachments

• 20180318_200332h.jpg
    20180318_200332h.jpg
    38.9 KB · Views: 459
  • 20180318_200136l.jpg
    20180318_200136l.jpg
    44.2 KB · Views: 435
Last edited:

KING46Calais V

Reaction score
Members Ride
Exactly.

But if I bought and Autobarn installed such items and I got a ticket, i’d be returning the products for a full refund and expecting compensation for the ticketcanary costs from Autobarn.

If i was the one that installed a product which was not clearly and boldly labels as ‘not for road use’, i’d return them and expect the same as above as the products they sell should be well labeled.

If the products were boldly labeled ‘not for road use’ and I still bought and installed them, then got a ticket/canary, i’d be an idiot and deserve the headache.

But such products being on shelves is still an example of regulatory failure...
Good luck with that.
I bet jax, tyrepower, bob jane have never had to pay anyone back for their too wide/low profile tyres they have fitted. I could imagine the pile of canaries and fines a suspension place must have on their desk just waiting to be paid.
Its definitely owner responsibility. And so it should be.
But it was just a comment to show that retailers don't give a jatz what they sell to the unknowing or ignorant. We all should research first as soon as we change anything from standard

TTubrag

Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 VFII SSV Redline
Here are some pics of hi and low beam

There you go, should be able to work out high and low beam.
Sheesh, that throw on High Beam is pretty impressive. Low beam looks like you'd expect it to as well.
No weird shadows down low in front of the car?
And how long do the lights take to come up to full brightness?

I wasn't considering doing the high beams, just the low. Might have to reconsider. I'm guessing that flashing the high beam at oncoming drivers to warn of darstardly speedy traps is no longer an option?

KING46Calais V

Reaction score
Members Ride
Sheesh, that throw on High Beam is pretty impressive. Low beam looks like you'd expect it to as well.
No weird shadows down low in front of the car?
And how long do the lights take to come up to full brightness?

I wasn't considering doing the high beams, just the low. Might have to reconsider. I'm guessing that flashing the high beam at oncoming drivers to warn of darstardly speedy traps is no longer an option?
No shadows at all. With the fogs, it fills the front of the car and sides much more, but I look beyond what the fogs put out when I drive anyway. Great for their indented use of lighting up the lane and edge markings.
The low beam is excellent, it' like one big light.
They come up pretty quick. First the output comes up, with a blue tinge, then the colour kicks in. I' say no more than 5 seconds. High beam seem to take longer. You can still flash ahead, it' just not as bright. Once they have been on for a while, you don't notice too much of a drop in light when you have to switch between high and low for oncoming cars.

TTubrag

Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 VFII SSV Redline
Awesome! Thanks for the feedback KING46Calais V. :)

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
Good luck with that.
I bet jax, tyrepower, bob jane have never had to pay anyone back for their too wide/low profile tyres they have fitted. I could imagine the pile of canaries and fines a suspension place must have on their desk just waiting to be paid.
Its definitely owner responsibility. And so it should be.
But it was just a comment to show that retailers don't give a jatz what they sell to the unknowing or ignorant. We all should research first as soon as we change anything from standard
I'd try and educate myself before buying something but if a business provides false or missleading info, they are opening themselves to legal issues under ACL. As such, i doubt there would be any problem in returning a product and getting a full refund - it's ACL.

In the same token, getting incidental costs (not the correct term but good enough) covered in such instances where a product was missrepresented is also defined within ACL. In this contect, a difficult business owner will likely loose if it's taken as far as a small claims process in small claims court. A smart business owner would know to settle.

I've had many tell me "good luck with getting them to pay" on a range of problems and and with a range of products. In each case i've prevailed.

So you can beleive what you like and either try and use ACL to your benefit or take the loss and move on.

Obviously we all would avoid buying a 'problem' and should all know that a seller hasn't your interest at heart but a busines has to follow laws ;)

[paradox]

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 SSV-R
finally got my hid low beams, led high beams, and led parkers installed

for the hids put the first side in and wasnt sure they were any brighter than the halogens, put the other side in, and much brighter.
seems i didnt have it clipped in properly on the first side, all good now.

update: finally got a night time country drive in the car yesterday i can say im very happy.

Last edited:

KLoNe

Reaction score
Members Ride
6.2L V8 Phantom VF2 Calais-V
Just threw HID lows, high beams and fog lights in plus LED parkers.

If anyone is giving of doing this, TAKE THE WHEEL OFF! Omg so much faster and simpler then trying to stuff around getting your arm in there with the wheel on

Edit: Took it out tonight and the lights are fucked - back to the drawing board tomorrow and try to adjust them.

Edit 2: Fixed them but they still seem high - maybe they're just so much brighter than the OEM halogens.

Last edited:

KLoNe

Reaction score
Members Ride
6.2L V8 Phantom VF2 Calais-V
Can anyone explain to me why the lens projection is in this formation?

I assume that it shines brighter on the left but not into oncoming traffic on the right?

Attachments

• IMG_20180916_083313-01.jpeg
    IMG_20180916_083313-01.jpeg
    198.5 KB · Views: 337

EYY

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Statesman
Can anyone explain to me why the lens projection is in this formation?

I assume that it shines brighter on the left but not into oncoming traffic on the right?
Don’t really understand your question. But that page is telling you to take note of the original light (cutoff) pattern before messing with the lights.

I still maintain that the Holden, who invested millions in the design of this vehicle knows better than some bloke in his backyard with cheap agtermarket components. If you don’t understand the instructions or the implications of what you’re doing, don’t attempt any work on your car.

There’s a reason engineers spend years in tertiary education.