Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VF Commodore locked in

CSP

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
my car
lets hope they fix up one major problem. the A Pillars.

That's not a major problem though. Had three VEs and never had an issue with blind spots caused by the a-pillars. But my eyes and head move. I guess there could be an issue if they didn't.

Something they need to fix is the cheap crappy interiors. When compared with other makes out there, including both Ford and Toyota, the Holden Commodore interior quality just can't compete.

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage
im guessing he means hopefully they bring out v8 based low end models, like a VP executive i use to own that was factory 5ltr... these days all omegas are v6... bring on a 6.2ltr omega

Very much doubt that will happen. The closest you will get is an SS which takes the place of the old SV8.

Reaper

Calaber

Nil Bastardo Carborundum
Reaction score
Members Ride
CG Captiva 5 Series 2
It is significant facelift with new sheet metal on an updated zeta platform. Think along the lines of the change from VP - VR. As for styling, think latest Cruze & Captiva for the lead.

Reaper

Agreed. The article I read recently indicated that it will be a significant mid life upgrade, not just a minor nip and tuck. The VE shape is getting old now and the Series 2 really didn't do enough to freshen the design. The dash and centre stack is in desperate need of a full overhaul (and a perceived improvement in quality of materials) and I feel sure the front sheetmetal will all be altered. If this design is to last until 2018, a minor facelift will fail. The car needs a serious design overhaul to go the distance.

Family design cues are sure to come from other recent GM offerings and the Cruze (especially Cruze II) gives clues to the way the Commodore will look.

Full Spectrum

Bro it's a VW your Audi!
Reaction score
Website
www.news.com.au
Members Ride
Berlina V6
The boys on GM insider news talk about the flexibility of the platform. and how it's not that tough for them to make a large facelift without going over the top. by that facelift time they should be using the new 5.5lt V8 and other news was they intended to reduce the size of the A pillar, but time and money was against them for Series 2. when i see the camaro has the VE platform under it. you cant deny its got a few tricks up its sleeve.

B-roca

I’m an F-18, bro
Reaction score
Members Ride
N/A
If they make the VF a front wheel drive as the article suggests it may become, I think i'd top myslef.
Front wheel drive + Commodore = :spew:
To be honest I pretty much dislike all front wheel drive cars.

Drawnnite

Obviously Unsensible
Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 Vs Ute
im guessing he means hopefully they bring out v8 based low end models, like a VP executive i use to own that was factory 5ltr... these days all omegas are v6... bring on a 6.2ltr omega
thats what i ment sorry for your confusion =P

as for the interior, it has started to look cheap and plasticy.
it just doesnt have (to me) the same appeal as a vz. i know its still plasticy in the old vz's but the sorter feel and textures made it look less plasticy.

overall i can see this being a pretty good car though.

UFO

I Believe
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY10 VE International Sportwagon SIDI 3L
such a small picture of just the grill, and already I dont like it!

why oh why must holden have massive bling bling badges on the front grill?
they look butt ugly!!

UFO

I Believe
Reaction score
Members Ride
lets hope they fix up one major problem. the A Pillars.
been in and driven a VE Calais and it creates a massive blind spot just waiting on people to be hit/killed because they werent seen

i disagree... i dont think its a "major problem" at all.
yeah it takes like 5min to get used to it, but I can honestly say ive never been driving along thinking "damn... I cant see ****!".
move your head 5cm, problem solved.
I much prefer to have to move my head voluntarily like that, then having it moved for me and hurt in a collision. there's a reason the A pillar is thicker than previous holdens.... its because its safer.

if im going to complain about anything, its the integrated audio setup thats the most annoying. on current VE's it looks shait and because its all tied in with the security functions of the car, it cant be modified.

UFO

I Believe
Reaction score
Members Ride
The big question mark remains over the future beyond the VF and whether Commodore will continue as a rear-wheel drive model or whether it will switch to front/all-wheel drive as the next Ford Falcon is expected to do
- article

GOD NO!
The reason Ford changed things up is because they got nothing to lose... they are getting flogged in sales.
I couldnt imagine a worse fate than a Commodore being front wheel drive!!!
Glad the boss isnt looking to change it!