Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

vf commodore recall for loss of power steering.

Harry Duncan

Reaction score
Members Ride
my 14 vf commodore evoke
Just reading some news on this recall and wheel alinement. I took my commodore to a holden dearlership in goulburn nsw. Nothing really wrong with my car but better to get the recall work done. They tell me it will take all day but only took four hours. No paper work given to me as proof the work was done. Plus now my steering wheel is centred at ten to twelve instead of straight forward. Steering pulls to the right. I have had problems with these people before so i got the alinement fixed at a tyre dearlership,they gave me a print out of the alinement and it was out a lot. This cost me, not gm $100 on a free recall service. I contacted Holden customer service in Melbourne, they rang the Goulburn dealership and then emailed me to say that the goulburn people would email me paperwork of the job done and in three days melbourne will ring me to see if goulburn has done what they said they would. So far day one nothing as i suspected, Could now be dept of fair trading. Insurance says if you dont get the recall work done the insurance is not liable. It would be on Geissler Motors Computers but as my house is on the market and we a planing a move from the area. Paper work as proof of service should'nt be a problem as a rule.

figjam

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
FJ
Why, oh why, do people accept this crap.
Too late now, but why would you not insist on the service sheet being produced before accepting the vehicle back.
Why would you not return the vehicle within 5 minutes of driving it out to fix the incorrect steering wheel position.

I have been in the same position ( not VF recall) regarding crap service, after the 3rd attempt in one day to rectify what should have been a minor issue that got out of control, I demanded that the service manager, who was unavailable until I got somewhat sarcastic and stroppy, to accompany me outside and drive my ute to see for himself what the problems were. His somewhat lame explanation for the poor service was that if I went into a pub, I would not know what beers were on tap. WTF ! Boom time!. Problem fixed 15 minutes later.
Sometimes you have to be a prick to get satisfaction.

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
Because we just want to get out of there with the car in one piece ... the longer it stays & the more the underpaid time-poor dealer techs touch it, the higher the chance of irrepairable damage or staining.

wetwork65

A wet business
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Wagon & VF SV6 Wagon
Too late now, but why would you not insist on the service sheet being produced before accepting the vehicle back.
Why would you not return the vehicle within 5 minutes of driving it out to fix the incorrect steering wheel position.

I have been in the same position ( not VF recall) regarding crap service, after the 3rd attempt in one day to rectify what should have been a minor issue that got out of control, I demanded that the service manager, who was unavailable until I got somewhat sarcastic and stroppy, to accompany me outside and drive my ute to see for himself what the problems were. His somewhat lame explanation for the poor service was that if I went into a pub, I would not know what beers were on tap. WTF ! Boom time!. Problem fixed 15 minutes later.
Sometimes you have to be a prick to get satisfaction.
Yep. My second car be done was given back with the steering wheel at about 11 o'clock.
Took it straight back after driving about 100 m down the road, it was that obvious and was not a wheel alignment issue.
Service manager surprisingly took my loudly spoken word for it and got the mechanic to correct it, who told me the rack had been reinstalled slightly off centre.
Nice and straight now.
@Forg "If you didn't get it back with human faeces smeared all over the inside of the windscreen, you've had pretty good service from a dealer!"

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
^ That does sound like something I'd say. :)

pat rum

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs senator vf ssv vf ss vt ssL67
Just reading some news on this recall and wheel alinement. I took my commodore to a holden dearlership in goulburn nsw. Nothing really wrong with my car but better to get the recall work done. They tell me it will take all day but only took four hours. No paper work given to me as proof the work was done. Plus now my steering wheel is centred at ten to twelve instead of straight forward. Steering pulls to the right. I have had problems with these people before so i got the alinement fixed at a tyre dearlership,they gave me a print out of the alinement and it was out a lot. This cost me, not gm $100 on a free recall service. I contacted Holden customer service in Melbourne, they rang the Goulburn dealership and then emailed me to say that the goulburn people would email me paperwork of the job done and in three days melbourne will ring me to see if goulburn has done what they said they would. So far day one nothing as i suspected, Could now be dept of fair trading. Insurance says if you dont get the recall work done the insurance is not liable. It would be on Geissler Motors Computers but as my house is on the market and we a planing a move from the area. Paper work as proof of service should'nt be a problem as a rule.
Had a recall on the steering wheel was out and now l have a clunk in the front I can't find it i have coilovers has anyone else had this problem