Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VF Commodore Series II amp & sub install

Vikki

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Commodore Series II sV6
I have a Holden VF Commodore Series II with Factory head unit. I have connected an Orion c1500.5 amp with Pioneer Champion Series Bass Bullet. Originally when i set this up i was using a PAC LP7-4 LOC which worked perfectly for approx 1 year then decided to stop working yesterday.
I have been advised that my LOC has been blown by the high output from the head unit.
Do i really need a LOC for my setup or can the speakers be directly connected to my amp as from my understanding my amp does have a high level input?

Trevor loves holden.

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
Don't amps have a high speaker input instead of rca low plugs, if your amp doesn't have that option then get one that will take the L-R speakers and run it on full but bridged for sub. Maybe someone like Autobarn can help you with what you need. Why 5 channel did you have the speakers hooked up with sub?
I would just use a mono amp for the sub, if you want speakers to be hooked up too then get a 4 channel and run 2 amps.