Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VF Commodore Stero

Fred Dag

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV redline
I like to wash the car, then open the doors crack a beer and listen to the some music.
The damm car keeps turning the music off after 1 and half songs - then I have to get up press the ignition key and start playing the song again.

Can anyone tell me how I can leave the car doors open and blast the music without it Cutting OFF all the time

Thanks

VFSSVUTE

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Commodore Ute
What happens if you just press the power button for the radio thats on the volume knob?

dgp

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SSV Redline
It is a battery saver feature built into the computer, it will only power the accessories for five minutes.

Freestyla

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS-V Redoine
Hold down the power button without foot on brake for approx 10sec, will keep the power on and not switch off after 5.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Flukey

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline
It drives me spare. Holden trying to be way too clever and automatic every basic function of a car.

Fred Dag

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV redline
Thanks mate, that's it. I am still learning little things about the car

Fred Dag

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV redline
Yes your right. The auto door lock feature is another annoying one. You can set the car to auto door locking on the computer screen settings. The logic is that if ONLY ONE remote is left in the car the programming genius says 'sweet' I lock myself. I normally drive to work - the other remote in my wifes key ring 35kms down the road. If I turn that auto lock feature ON - then the car will lock MY keys and I am buggered. The computer logic should be changed to AUTO LOCK only if no keys left in car. That would be more useful

Flukey

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline
In relation to Mylink and the audio, my Ipod indexes every time I start the car and takes a good 10-15 minutes before I can go and select a song or artist from the menu.
The ipod is permanently connected and holds about 900 songs.

Does everyone have indexing issues like this or is just me?
The guys at Holden service tried to explain it as normal today but I think that is rubbish.

lacks creativity

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SV6 Manual
In relation to Mylink and the audio, my Ipod indexes every time I start the car and takes a good 10-15 minutes before I can go and select a song or artist from the menu.
The ipod is permanently connected and holds about 900 songs.

Does everyone have indexing issues like this or is just me?
The guys at Holden service tried to explain it as normal today but I think that is rubbish.

Holden say that it does take a long time to index when there is alot on the iPod, its somewhere on their website, i had that issue so i reduced how much was on there and it is now much quicker, down to 1-2 minutes indexing.