Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VF Commodore styling

Status
Not open for further replies.

mmrdb

Reaction score
Members Ride
V2 series 3 Monaro & VF V8 Calais V Wagon
LOL!!! Are you kidding?

Cause they look the same to me... :whistling NOT!!!

Great photo's CRP (very clear and sharp). Did you take them? Just gotta love that red on those HSV's.:thumbsup:

andyman

The Only 6sp VZ Wagon
Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 BT50 4x4, 84 Hilux 4x4 & 05 Husky TE450
Great photo's CRP (very clear and sharp). Did you take them? Just gotta love that red on those HSV's.:thumbsup:

with the carsales watermark on the bottom of the pic im guessing he got it from carsales lol, obviously a dealer advertising picture

mmrdb

Reaction score
Members Ride
V2 series 3 Monaro & VF V8 Calais V Wagon
with the carsales watermark on the bottom of the pic im guessing he got it from carsales lol, obviously a dealer advertising picture

DOH! LOL, did not notice that!

naf33n

go
Reaction score
Members Ride
Supercharged VU SS
maybe minux means have clubby and gts look different?????

Wombat

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX-II Lumina Sedan
...what he said about the front wheel arches...seen a few already with scrapes on the top edges, obviously from not being able to see the edge of it waaay out there on the other side, or maybe shopping trolleys finding the edge...

One tip Holden...don't try and go too radical, make it an evolution rather than a revolution, and for gods sake, don't do whatever it was that Fords stylists did with the BA...I have to admit, the last model Falcon was a classy looking car, especially in XR6 form, and when you see them side by side on the showroom floor, the new Falcon just looks somehow...tacky...and with styling lines just chucked in all over the place to look trendy, but seem to just look wrong...personally there seems to be something off about the rear wheel arch placement...

Anyway, back to the VF Commodore...just small improvements, nothing major, would seem to be needed. I like the interior, maybe some detail pieces like dash information displays could be made classier, but overall it's pretty good...maybe a wider range of colors and trim for the interior?

Calaber

Nil Bastardo Carborundum
Reaction score
Members Ride
CG Captiva 5 Series 2
I came up alongside a pale metallic blue Omega today on the freeway. It was dead stock basic, down to the crap plastic wheel trims, and it lookled s***house with those p***y little wheels in those huge openings. The pale blue didn't help - it has to be the worst colour on the whole VE range. The funny thing was though that it had dual exhausts, with the single outlets either side. I think that was an SV6 system, but it was definitely an Omega. Was that system optional on Omega's?

Shounak

The Kicking Horse
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Executive S2 + XF Panel Van Project
I'm assuming the next model will be the VF. If you were responsible for the external styling of the next model, what would you change from VE to VF?
070510085.jpg

109703.JPG

They should start over. I hate the look of the VE. But that's just me.

tommo82

Non-donating member.
Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 HSV Senator
To be honest, I wouldn't change alot.

I think the VE (and the HSV variants) look "just right". The flared guards and the front grille just look good. Always liked audi's anyway ;)

I agree on the external antenna - the BA XR8 I had in 2004 had on glass - you think Holden would've done it by now.

It's just a pity the VE electrical system leaves much to be desired - doesn't get a tick of approval from me!

BANKS

DW I'm a Spray Painter!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SSZ Ute
They will do what they have done with every other model.

VT-VX, changed the headlights/tail lights/bonnet/front bar
VY-VZ, same deal and same interior atlerations
VE-VF, history has spoken. They wont modify the general shape at all from the VE.
Maybe put a 'insert' here and there. As with most 2nd series cars they will fix all the bugs from the first one, improve on a few little things, change the front bar and send it out the door

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.