Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VF Commodore styling

Status
Not open for further replies.

1991_Vn2nV

Reaction score
Members Ride
91 VN Berlina & 03 VY Berlina
When you consider the fall in sales of large cars in Oz, which isn't likely to reverse any time soon, the sort of re-styling seen on these CGI's or teaser photos won't cut the mustard and convince more people to buy Commodores than do at present. Sure, SS buyers will still buy the VF SS/SSV or whatever they call them, but Holden (and Ford) will need much more than the sort of cars they are offering at present, with just superficial facelifts. They need modern fuel efficient SMALLER engines, combined with clever re-styling, to win buyers back. Ford can say that the current six cylinder engine is more economical than the Alloytech, but that engine is doomed for a smaller, even more fuel efficient V6. The latest Motor mag has detals of a turbo four Ecotech for Commodore. That is a positive start at least.

You can't just shove a smaller engine in and say hey now it will get better fuel economy. Its not that simple.

They are a large car, you can't put a 4 cylinder in a 1.8 tonne vehicle as its not viable... It will work the engine too hard. And turbo 4's (think WRX) are using more fuel than a stock V6 commodore in smaller cars anyway.

As an example, look at Toyota. The Aurion and Camry are the same car really but one is a 4 cylinder and one is a V6. On paper, they receive the SAME economy, in the real world the Camry is using alot more fuel than the Aurion because an n/a 4 cylinder has to work too hard to pull a vehicle of that size. And a commodore and falcon are larger again.

Kikki

WA Cruise Moderator
Reaction score
Website
www.christielynphotography.com
Members Ride
08 VE SSV Sportswagon & 03 VY S Pac
To me.... They all look like Astra's on steroids. Everything would need to be changed for me to get one. Still look tuff though.

CSP

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
my car
When you consider the fall in sales of large cars in Oz, which isn't likely to reverse any time soon, the sort of re-styling seen on these CGI's or teaser photos won't cut the mustard and convince more people to buy Commodores than do at present. Sure, SS buyers will still buy the VF SS/SSV or whatever they call them, but Holden (and Ford) will need much more than the sort of cars they are offering at present, with just superficial facelifts. They need modern fuel efficient SMALLER engines, combined with clever re-styling, to win buyers back. Ford can say that the current six cylinder engine is more economical than the Alloytech, but that engine is doomed for a smaller, even more fuel efficient V6. The latest Motor mag has detals of a turbo four Ecotech for Commodore. That is a positive start at least.

Could you please explain why Holden and HSV are experiencing record sales? Media hype aside, the large car market sales aren't falling - they just aren't number 1 any more because fleets are turning to the likes of the Toyota Corolla.

vy-346

Reaction score
Members Ride
FG XR6T 6A & VH-ZXA
Could you please explain why Holden and HSV are experiencing record sales? Media hype aside, the large car market sales aren't falling - they just aren't number 1 any more because fleets are turning to the likes of the Toyota Corolla.

exactly, its just media hype. They love to put sh!t on aussie cars,and fuel prices just gives them more ammo. they think everyone should be driving around in boring as batsh!t toyota camry's and corollas:sleeping:

ChargedAuto

Reaction score
Website
www.chargedauto.com.au
Members Ride
VU S Ute
When are they going to get decent door handles? the magna ones are such crap, let the whole series down

Holdfast

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Sedan Country Pack
I don't think there will be a VF for quite awhile.

But, the VE series 2 may be a bit more POWERFUL:thumbsup:

And when they build the VF; I hope that means VF (Very Fast):yeah::yeah:

simon.w

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV

Does anyone else remember the dismal sales and performance of the 4cyl VC and VH?? Driven by the hype of soaring petrol prices at the time... starting to sound familiar???

Same idiotic logic that saw Ford kill off the V8, and Holden take their merry time getting the V8 into the VL (using the unleaded fuel as an excuse) while they read the market acceptance and uptake of a refined 6cyl and turbo version.

And what did they discover?? Aussie blokes like Beer, Meat, Chicks, and V8s. Bloody simple really.

So here we are... 28 years later and still having the same arguments.

4cyl Commodore???? It's like a chick with a dick... it just aint right!

1991_Vn2nV

Reaction score
Members Ride
91 VN Berlina & 03 VY Berlina
I don't think there will be a VF for quite awhile.

But, the VE series 2 may be a bit more POWERFUL:thumbsup:

And when they build the VF; I hope that means VF (Very Fast):yeah::yeah:

There will NOT be a VE Series 2. Just rolling changes and model year changes.

BANKS

DW I'm a Spray Painter!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SSZ Ute
Coupe60-02_fw.jpg

Coupe60-06_2w.jpg

I like 90% of the coupe 60. The 90% being everything up to the read end... Tail lights, diffuser, and the mini spoiler all look like after thoughts. Like the designers got fed up with it and just put panels on the back.

The number plate should be placed down low in line with the diffuser to keep the boot flush.

Maybe some modified VE HSV rear lights instead of those things.

Senator lip spoiler if anything

And remove some of the fins from the diffuser.

My 2 cents :)

Status
Not open for further replies.