Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VF country pack springs.

lx08

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vx
Looking for info relating to the optional country pack suspension offered on the VF range, in particular the rear springs, I know they set the car some 30mm higher than standard and supposedly give a softer ride, what I need to know, is the ride quality achieved only through the spring being longer or is the spring wire of these springs of a smaller / thinner diameter than standard ?

Thanks.

lx08

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vx
Thanks for the reply!...Would this be the FR1 suspension option and is the spring wire diameter actually smaller/thinner?

lx08

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vx
Ok, I called the local Holden dealer today and asked for some info/part numbers for the FR1/ Country pack suspension, the guy wasn't real familiar with the option, but he did find some part numbers for the rear springs, 92290028 which I think is correct?.....And he also said the spring part number 92250246 was referenced to the FR1/Country pack?..

Can anyone please confirm this info?

Thanks.

lx08

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vx
Put another way, does anyone know what variant of VE / VF Commodore has the softest rear springs?

panhead

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cars
It may be difficult to find someone here who could give you an answer as most owners find the OEM package already gives them a nosebleed and therefore tend to go lower rather than higher.

I’d be taking my enquiry to the spring manufacturers or at the least a good suspension shop who will be able to look at catalogues that record spring heights and rebound specs etc.

This is just a quick little 2 minute exercise I did for a VF V8 with King Springs.

Go to the bottom of each page and check out the part numbers and you find the Ute & Wagon run HD’s (heavy duty) on the raised rears and the Sedan doesn’t.

If your vehicle is a 6 cylinder then punch in the relevant details and it will show the availability.

If I was you I'd make an enquiry with King Springs and tell them what you are trying to achieve as I know they stock far more for Commodores than shown here and you may even find that they are also capable of suppling springs that are not off the shelf items.

For VF V8 Ute
HOLDEN COMMODORE VF 8CYL - UTE 5/2013 - 2016 - Fit your Vehicle - King Springs Automotive Aftermarket Springs

For VF V8 Sportswagon
HOLDEN COMMODORE VE 8CYL - SPORTWAGON 8/2006 - 4/2013 - Fit your Vehicle - King Springs Automotive Aftermarket Springs

For VF V8 Sedan
HOLDEN COMMODORE VF 8CYL - SEDAN 5/2013 - Current - Fit your Vehicle - King Springs Automotive Aftermarket Springs

Follow up by making the same enquiry to all the spring suppliers you can think of as sometimes when you are modifying a car away from the normal you need to work a little bit harder to achieve your goal.

Last edited:

gluten3

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY L67
Put another way, does anyone know what variant of VE / VF Commodore has the softest rear springs?
You would have to look up workshop manual, about the only place to list all the spring rates. At a guess, I would say Omega/Evoke sedan has softest.
Country pack springs are probably linear.

Mark g ryan

Reaction score
Members Ride
VB sl
Looking for info relating to the optional country pack suspension offered on the VF range, in particular the rear springs, I know they set the car some 30mm higher than standard and supposedly give a softer ride, what I need to know, is the ride quality achieved only through the spring being longer or is the spring wire of these springs of a smaller / thinner diameter than standard ?

Thanks.
How did you go with the FR1 suspension country pack does it lift the car much thank you