Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VF Dash loom Upgrade

VFWAGS15

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden VF2 SS Sportswagon
Hi lads, I've got a VF2 SS Sportswagon that im in the process of upgrading it's features inside the car, I wanted to add paddleshift, Satnav, HUD, Heated Memory Seats and Heated Memory Mirrors so far.
I started off buying a new my link out of a GTS with Heated Seat function, CD/DVD player with the new climate control and Satnav which is about to be programmed with a new SSVR cluster aswell.
So i Then brought a new steering wheel with paddle shift and calais V Doors Trims and the mirrors to go with it.
I was told if I added a Calais V/SSVR Wagon Dash loom (apparently they are the same) then alot of my wiring problems would be taken care of besides the body wiring for the seats and mirrors to work.
So I went ahead and purchased the loom and installed it myself which was a task in itself to do, but was successful in the swap with no issues besides a broken clockspring when i removed the steering wheel which ive already replaced.
I've now been informed that doing this is highly not recommended as there may be mismatches/differences in the looms and some of the wiring might not match and it could cause issues to the car.
I havnt had a full look at the car just yet as I've only just completed the swap but everything seems to be working as normal so far besides my new paddle shift doesn't work and my roof interior light doesn't turn on, but HUD which I added works fine and so does everything else. I'm waiting for cable delivery and to locate myself some memory heated seats to do the rest but was wondering if anyone has attempted what I've done with the loom swap and could help me with knowledge of any of the dash loom problems that might affect my car that I could be facing?

mpower

Reaction score
Members Ride
V2 CV8 Monaro and VF SSV Redline
did you say CD?

Is this a VF1 HU?

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
You need a wiring diagram.
There is a link to a free download of the VF factory manual. That will have all the pin outs you can compare to for various models.
The links don't work unless connected to the Holden Intranet. The workaround is using the find function in your pdf reader. Enable the side bar to help move around the document easily.

I'm going to guess that you'd need a different BCM? Then the is VIN matching the various components via a Tech2 or similar high end diagnostic tool. Which do and don't need doing is outlined in the manual.

vywgn

Reaction score
Members Ride
1967 Holden HR Premier Wagon / 2015 VFII SV6 Sedan
If installing the factory paddle shift wheel it needs to be programmed to work

VFWAGS15

Reaction score
Members Ride
You need a wiring diagram.
There is a link to a free download of the VF factory manual. That will have all the pin outs you can compare to for various models.
The links don't work unless connected to the Holden Intranet. The workaround is using the find function in your pdf reader. Enable the side bar to help move around the document easily.

I'm going to guess that you'd need a different BCM? Then the is VIN matching the various components via a Tech2 or similar high end diagnostic tool. Which do and don't need doing is outlined in the manual.
Thanks mate how do i find this link?

VFWAGS15

Reaction score
Members Ride
If installing the factory paddle shift wheel it needs to be programmed to work
Cheers bud I will try find someone in Melbourne that can programme it for me

vywgn

Reaction score
Members Ride
1967 Holden HR Premier Wagon / 2015 VFII SV6 Sedan

Fu Manchu