Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VF Door Speaker Install with pics

Banjo79

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS Sportwagon
hlucin8, where are those beryllium tweets mounted? A pillar, pod or door?

In regards to airbags, is it safe to have tweeters protruding from A pillar, pod attached to A pillar or pod in the corner of the dash?

Cheers....

Tele

Reaction score
Members Ride
i30
If I was to get someone to just install new speakers not tweeters, would this interfere with any of the functions of the VF S II accessories such as Parking assist sounds or hands-free when use use bluetooth connected phone? and also if obviously void warranty in the area of the car?

I cant believe how bad the audio is the VF SII SS wow.. lol i didn't look at this when i test drove it :p very disappointing. My i30 speakers are awesome for a **** box couldn't believe how bad it was in the holden.

iamandrew

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SV6 Wagon
Just digging up an old post, ive just replaced all the speakers in my car and was wondering if anyone has the wiring colours, the wiring in my VF 2015 SV6 wagon does not meet up with whats posted here.
the front doors are, passenger side - Blue , and Blue + Brown line
Drivers side is Yellow, and Yellow with black stripe.
im sure the speakers are "Firing" in phase but i cant say its been worth the upgrade... at all.... for alpine type Rs too.....

SuckSqueezeBangBlow

Reaction score
Members Ride
Heroin White VF2 SS Wagon
I was considering going to use Morel Maximus 602 as a cheap swap, as they have sensitivity of 94db and I don't want to spend much.

h1tek

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SV6 Sportwagon
Morel maximus isnt really a cheap swap. If you can afford them then I would say put in an amp. I have morel maximos in the front doors (In my VE) with a clarion xc2410 amp, and the amp made alot more diffetence then the speakers. Those speakers love power

SuckSqueezeBangBlow

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ryda have them for just under $300

h1tek

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SV6 Sportwagon
Well i bought the amp for just over $100 on ebay. Mounted it in the passenger side footwell. I have another amp + 12" sub in the boot. But overall the front speakers + amp made a huge difference. I put the same amp + alpine s in my VF wagon and the amp made all the difference (no sub in my wagon)

h1tek

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SV6 Sportwagon
Iamandrew... the solid colour cables are generally the +ve cables but i have a series 1 not a series 2... . But again your looking at good splits that need power to sound good. The head unit cant power those speakers to their potential, add an amp if you want them to sound good and have some mid bass

SuckSqueezeBangBlow

Reaction score
Members Ride
Well i bought the amp for just over $100 on ebay. Mounted it in the passenger side footwell. I have another amp + 12" sub in the boot. But overall the front speakers + amp made a huge difference. I put the same amp + alpine s in my VF wagon and the amp made all the difference (no sub in my wagon)

Did u just supply the amp using the speaker wires? I always thought RCA were better for sound quality but that was 20 years ago, maybe amps have improved since then.

Damn, this forum isn't exactly lacking in the enabling department!

Martyr

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII SS
Those front door moulds give me flashbacks of trying to fit oversized speakers to a FGII falcon...

Nice guide - thanks, adding this to my to-do list.
Might leave the amp install to the pros though...