Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VF Drag Racing Times

arronm

Reaction score
Members Ride
FPV F6 VF Redline WGN
I have been looking through the site and noticed the Time Slips page hasn't been updated for a while and I am curious how fast all our cars are, especially when we see some 'inflated' dyno numbers.

Let the 1/4 Mile Dyno show the real power we're making.

I am happy to compile a list of times (for VF only) if people are interested in sending me their times sheets and with the JC community approval have a sticky on the top of the page with the list? Something I am able to edit, but people aren't able to post in to keep the thread clean and easy to read.

Something like, send me a copy of your time card and list of modifications.
Forum User Name.
Vehicle = VF, Evoke, Calais, SS, Redline, etc.
Body = Sedan, Wagon or Ute.
Engine = LS3, LS2, LFX.
Engine Size = 3.6lt (LFX), 364ci (6.0lt), 376ci (6.3lt), 416ci (6.8lt), 427ci, (7.0lt)
N/A = Naturally Aspirated
Supercharger = LSA, 2300, 2650, 2.9 + Brand, Harrop, Whipple, etc.
Turbo = Number and size.
N2O = if you use Nitrous Oxide at the track
Bolt-on Mods, Heads, Cam, Exhaust, OTR, Intake.
Transmission, Manual or Auto (Please list trans type, 6L80E, 4L80, etc.)
Converter = High Stall only if applicable.
Diff Ratio = 3.27 - 3.46 - 3.70 or other if non-factory.
Tyres = Street or Drag Radials and size.
Track = SD - Sydney Dragway, AIR - Adelaide International Raceway, WB - Willowbank, CP - Calder Park, etc.
Date.

Do we want to include RWKW as tuned or keep that 'secret' as we all know how people love to inflate their actual number, and the variation in dynos across the country.

Then from the Time Slip I will use 60', 330', 660', 660' mph 1000', 1320', 1320' mph. Id ask for two time slips so I can see the Race Number is genuine (and backed up) and you're not sending me some 7 sec blown outlaw car on a bad run for your N/A 6.0 to run an easy 9sec pass. :)

I can then look at breaking them down into separate lists for Blown, N/A, 6Cyl, etc as we get more input.

As an example, mine would look something like this. I'd need to look at putting it in excel format so it could be easily sorted as new vehicles are added.

GMVPSS
VF2 SSV Redline Wagon. LS3, 376ci, N/A, Heads, Cam, Exhaust, OTR, Converter, 3.70, M/T Drag Radials, 285/40R18, Calder 01-07-2018.
60' - 1.645
330' - 4.837
660' - 7.462 @ 93.423mph (150.35kmh)
1000' - 9.711
1320' 11.611 @ 121.993 (196.33kmh)

What do the racers of JC think??

Thats a great time for N/A...

arronm

Reaction score
Members Ride
FPV F6 VF Redline WGN
Here is my timesheet from last Wednesday at Sydney dragway. I'm right lane

'16 VF2 SS-V V Redline auto with only a tune. My first time at the drags and first run ever. I didn't do a big burnout as my tyres are nearly at the end of their life (19k kms on the original tyres) and forgot to torque boost.

Unfortunately only got to the 1 run as the track got shut down to due dew on the track thanks to the weather.

Left lane was a FPV F6 Typhoon auto with work done. I had him until the last 100 meters.

You wont have much chance over a tuned and modded F6... They can have power well over 1000rwkw...

GMVPSS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII Redline Wagon, 7sec Pontiac GXP, VY Ute
You wont have much chance over a tuned and modded F6... They can have power well over 1000rwkw...

Thanks for your opinion, if I wanted to compete with a Turbo Barra I'd build an engine to do so. This is a daily driver and a bit of fun.

A turbo barra would have no chance over my 7sec GXP but they're not competing against me in Super Stock so the comparison, like yours is useless.

Tryg

Reaction score
Members Ride
a white car
Interested to know why your F6 Barra isn't well over 1000rwkw? Why stop at 479?

arronm

Reaction score
Members Ride
FPV F6 VF Redline WGN
Thanks for your opinion, if I wanted to compete with a Turbo Barra I'd build an engine to do so. This is a daily driver and a bit of fun.

A turbo barra would have no chance over my 7sec GXP but they're not competing against me in Super Stock so the comparison, like yours is useless.

I was replying to Wogachino , as he mentioned being up against an F6

So really didn't need replies from other members

If I didn't quote you I wasnt conversing with you .

But looks like I pressed a few buttons.

Tryg

Reaction score
Members Ride
a white car

But looks like I pressed a few buttons.

No, just wondered why...if it's so easy, why did you stop at 479rwkw? I actually think it's difficult to make big numbers, reliably. Hence why I stopped at 322rwkw, for now. I've not seen big numbers in Barra 6 motors, still driven daily.

arronm

Reaction score
Members Ride
FPV F6 VF Redline WGN
Its off topic but I will reply. A barra needs forged pistons and rods to be reliable over 500rwkw. So one of my factory engines (BA F6) is stock, so 479 is fine for now. 600 700 800 rwkw can be still driven easily as a daily.

If you watch the youtube clip in my sig it shows my BF F6 which is fully built and capable of BIG rwkw. BUT even 500 is crazy on the street. NO GRIP. Boost just turns the tyres.

PS - I have driven a few supercharged VFs with 350 - 420rwkw and they are fantastic with instant throttle response.

arronm

Reaction score
Members Ride
FPV F6 VF Redline WGN

I think you better start running 6s. 7s arnt quick enough...

Tryg

Reaction score
Members Ride
a white car
BUT even 500 is crazy on the street. NO GRIP. Boost just turns the tyres.

PS - I have driven a few supercharged VFs with 350 - 420rwkw and they are fantastic with instant throttle response.
Well that's scary, because my next mod is FI and with that 500rwkw.....maybe too much? Certainly enough to get the job done.

426Cuda

SUBLIME!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Redline Sedan - A6 Spitfire MSE...
I think you better start running 6s. 7s arnt quick enough...

Meh
received_1470020189810999.jpeg

Demonrates GMVPSS's point doesn't it? I.e that your post about a 1000rwkw barra is moot.
It's certainly not the point of this thread is it?