Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VF driver seat base CLICKING

TSMAX

Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV CLUBSPORT R8
TL2366-1310 is the bulletin number from holden. I've had this issue for a while as well, but don't drive the car that much these days. Going back to get the steering recall and will mention this to them as well to try and get it sorted.

TSMAX

Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV CLUBSPORT R8
I have noticed this in mine, had the seat base replaced about 2 years ago but my 3 year warranty has expired. Do you think they will cover due to the service bulletin?
Mine is just out of warranty as well and was thinking the same, but I have raised this issue before so technically they should as it was raised during the warranty period, will find out soon I guess.

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
^ If the problem was documented with the dealer while under warranty, I’d most certainly expect them to fix it even though the manufacturers warranty has expired.

Even if it wasn’t mentioned while under manufacturers warranty, this known defect should have been addressed by the dealer while the manufacture would be footing the bill. So I’d expect the dealer/manufacturer wouldn’t argue much if approached with such issues outside manufacturers warranty.

Remember, the ACL doesn’t specify a period and Holden had an undertaking with ACCC to better train dealers and apply ACL and for them not to behave like dushbags.

TSMAX

Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV CLUBSPORT R8
^ If the problem was documented with the dealer while under warranty, I’d most certainly expect them to fix it even though the manufacturers warranty has expired.

Even if it wasn’t mentioned while under manufacturers warranty, this known defect should have been addressed by the dealer while the manufacture would be footing the bill. So I’d expect the dealer/manufacturer wouldn’t argue much if approached with such issues outside manufacturers warranty.

Remember, the ACL doesn’t specify a period and Holden had an undertaking with ACCC to better train dealers and apply ACL and for them not to behave like dushbags.
Yeah just called the local holden dealer to book the car for steering re-call and mentioned the above bulletin number. He said they will look at it the same day, didn't mention anything about out of warranty, but I did say that this was notified around 18 months ago on one of the services and I have it documented in the invoice as well. Will see how we go next week.

vombil

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS V8 UTE
I have noticed this in mine, had the seat base replaced about 2 years ago but my 3 year warranty has expired. Do you think they will cover due to the service bulletin?
yes likely mate

TSMAX

Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV CLUBSPORT R8
Just an update, got the recall for PS done last Friday and asked them to look at the seat base and provided the holden bulletin number. Received a call around lunch time that the car would be ready to pick up a bit later in the afternoon as they had to order a part for the driver seat base which will arrive around 2:30, so the car would be ready by around 4.
Got a call 2:30, seat base fixed along with the recall. Picked up the car, didn't get asked to pay anything. Seat base click now gone, although I have only driven the car from dealership to home and haven't driven since then, but that itself was a decent drive(~15km).
I would suggest people who have problem with the seat base, give the dealership holden bulletin number and get it sorted, shouldn't have to pay as it is a warranty issue.

vombil

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS V8 UTE
Just an update, got the recall for PS done last Friday and asked them to look at the seat base and provided the holden bulletin number. Received a call around lunch time that the car would be ready to pick up a bit later in the afternoon as they had to order a part for the driver seat base which will arrive around 2:30, so the car would be ready by around 4.
Got a call 2:30, seat base fixed along with the recall. Picked up the car, didn't get asked to pay anything. Seat base click now gone, although I have only driven the car from dealership to home and haven't driven since then, but that itself was a decent drive(~15km).
I would suggest people who have problem with the seat base, give the dealership holden bulletin number and get it sorted, shouldn't have to pay as it is a warranty issue.

I've since developed a real bad click in driver base. the service manager said that Holden won't pay for a new base as it's not guarenteed to solve the problem. He went on to say 'you're going to have to put up with it, they all do it' can you believe how belligerent they can be?! Please - someone tell me what to bloody well say to get these ass%$les so they will actually fix my seat!???

Murdoch

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SSV Wagoon
if anyone is interested.
Here is one of the fixes I had done recently.

Attachments

• seat 2.jpg
    seat 2.jpg
    165.4 KB · Views: 452
  • seat 1.jpg
    seat 1.jpg
    149 KB · Views: 467

Anthony121

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline MY17 & VF Director
if anyone is interested.
Here is one of the fixes I had done recently.
I've had that done to my earlier VF Calais V (MY14) and now to to redline (MY17). Both also got new seat bases just at end of warranty.

Murdoch

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SSV Wagoon
I've had that done to my earlier VF Calais V (MY14) and now to to redline (MY17). Both also got new seat bases just at end of warranty.

I don't reckon my seat base was the issue as it does not move even if I jimmy something under it to look for free play.